New Club Logo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.flickr.com
New Club Logo - more input!!!!

So I know it has been discussed previously and some ideas were thrown out there. IFrom what I remember we agreed on a 40 grill design and I finally had some time to throw in my 2 cents. That said - what do you think?
Constructive critisim is welcome, since we agreed on a 40 grill I am not throwing in a 60, 70, 80, prado, Jeep or Nissan grill instead so don't ask.
logo - very small.jpg

Last edited:
I was thinking maybe a different font, I do like the color idea. maybe change the mountains a bit and bring them closer to the grill, stuff like that. The original line drawing I did by hand, then scanned in and modified in illustrator with a 720 resolution so the end result is something we can use in any application if you like it. The grill and fender bottoms are actually to scale with a 40 (only much smaller) so the distances and proportions are correct.

you say 40....but it also might appeal the fjcruisers owners out there. Might drum up membership.

I like it, and would like to try to 3D it with a simpler mountain outline.

Hey Dan, fair enough, I can kind of see how the mountains remind you of that, there are some drastic differences but I do see it. So any suggestions? As for the other clubs, I looked at all of them and for the most part they are all pretty much alike, either just the name of the club or a circle with a truck in it with some mountains in the background.

Bill, I don't think that would be a good idea - way too crowded and once it was done sticker size or business card size then it would just be a blur. Besides, I though that the idea of a new logo was to replace the old one.

Ok, any suggestions, give me something to work with.

You have way too much time at work! I do like it, not sure about the 3d aspect it might make it a bit confusing once it is shrunk down. Also the texture is going to be a nightmare to reproduce. For the most part, what I've learned, when it comes to logos you want to have something that is not overly complicated and even if the writing isn't there you can recognize it. The 40 grill with the twin peaks would be something recognizable even without the writing.
As for animals, what animal would capture our club? are you thinking of a native style design? Would we get rid of anything cruiser or even off-road related at that point? Things worth discussing.

I like the first one better. If I would change anything it would be to put a recognizable mountain shilouette like the Lions behind rather than a generic mountain but then that looks more like the Coquitlam Crawlers logo.

I was thinking of adding a mountain lion so it wraps around the 40 grill like this one does around the "B Y U". I can't think of an animal more suited to represent the coatals cruisers. It's strong, percise, sure footed, & travels through every terrain we have in our region.

BYU_Logo_1969-1998.gif

Nobody has used cougar or mountain lion in relation to a Land Cruiser club. The only hit that came up with any relationship to Land Cruiser was this ill fated cougar: :rolleyes:
MazdaShipSinking.jpg

Not bad Matt and Marcin. Matt, I would have the same concerns as Dan. Marcin, I think the grill should not be see through. The license plate is too hard to read with the mountains in there as well. Other than that, great job guys. Thanks for doing the hard work and being willing to take constructive critisism.

Hey Marcin, you should try and get that toilet paper game going at the next meeting. Guys like Steve and Mike McT would love it!

Wake up people!

Guys, I have to say I am disappointed at the level of input both Marcin and I have received. A little more opinions, advice, suggestions, anything, would be nice. How many people are in the club? and we have 7 people posting on this, out of which 2 live far away from here, 1 spends half his time in another country and 1 drives a Nissan (no offense).
That said - some of the suggestions so far have been:
no mountains - which, granted may look similar to some logos, I still think it is a large part of who we are and where we are.
add an animal, cougar (jokes aside), mountain lion, perhaps a bear (we have a couple of these in the area).
Are we liking the 40 grill? Out of all of the trucks that have the Landcruiser badge I think the 40 is the most memorable and historically significant (it is how Landcruiser came to the masses).
or are we thinking of doing away with the vehicle influence in the logo, for that matter, am I just waisting my time and should forget the entire thing?
:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom