New Club Forum--introduce Yourself

THANKS TO IH8MUD.COM for setting us up with this forum! :) :cool: :beer:

We now have a home where we can post trips, share tech info, and chat. I'm hoping this will increase Club activity and motivate us to get out together on the trails more often. On this forum we can post pictures too.

So, let's get started! Create a User Account, Login, and introduce yourself to the members! I'll go first being that I volunteered to be the forum moderator (if that's OK? :D )

John and Becky Shotts
Tucson, AZ

2001 UZJ100
1993 FZJ80
2004 Tacoma Double Cab
Searching for a 98-2000 UZJ100 as a daily driver

Favorite Trail: FR42 Tonto National Forest

Last edited:

yotanut

I'm confused, what wrong with just posting on the copper state section?
How does this help with memberships?
Not bashing, just askin' -Duane

Last edited by a moderator:
yotanut said:
I'm confused, what wrong with just posting on the copper state section?
How does this help with memberships?
Not bashing, just askin' -Duane
Nothing wrong with that Duane. I've been doing that myself. :) Though they are their own club seeking paying members and we are the same. We have different members and trips.

The back-at-ya question would be "why in the world did a new AZ Land Cruiser Club start (CSC) when one has been in existance for many years (AZLCA) and they could have simply joined"?

BMAN

ShottsUZJ100 said:
The back-at-ya question would be "why in the world did a new AZ Land Cruiser Club start (CSC) when one has been in existance for many years (AZLCA) and they could have simply joined"?

And the answer to that question is "Different strokes for different folks". Just think of it as a kinda democratic approach to the Arizona Land Cruiser Scene. You got two parties and a bunch of independants that make up the landscape. There's room for everyone here, and CSC welcomes active AZLCA members to join and be part of our club in addition to being members of the AZLCA.

Cdaniel

Undocumented Mechanic-Not CDAN
SILVER Star

BMAN said:
And the answer to that question is "Different strokes for different folks". Just think of it as a kinda democratic approach to the Arizona Land Cruiser Scene. You got two parties and a bunch of independants that make up the landscape. There's room for everyone here, and CSC welcomes active AZLCA members to join and be part of our club in addition to being members of the AZLCA.
No wonder you're the Prez, you're the consumate diplomat. :cheers:

Cdaniel

Undocumented Mechanic-Not CDAN
SILVER Star

ShottsUZJ100 said:
.......... On this forum we can post pictures too................
Hey John, what is that on the rock in the background at Golden Crack?
A leftover Jeep part?

That's one of the ramps some 80-owners brought to help the 100 over the Crack. :D

Kidding. Don't know exactly.

"Competition" is almost always a good thing.
I'm fairly certain both clubs will benefit from this.
And the occasional joint club event is always cool.

Last edited:
ShottsUZJ100 said:
Nothing wrong with that Duane. I've been doing that myself. :) Though they are their own club seeking paying members and we are the same. We have different members and trips.

Not to start anything, but the reason I went to CSC is that I tried to contact ANYONE from the AZLCA for 2 years and never got a single response from anyone listed as being part of the club. I finally gave up.

Hi glad to see both clubs represented. I was a member 8 years ago of AzLCA and just recently moved back to AZ. It seemed that AZLCA went away for a while and now is back, correct me if I am wrong. What are the major differences to the two groups, and where are they both based. I am def looking for a club but maybe both?!
Anyway welcome and glad to see that this club is getting more active.

RHINO

well john, to answer your Q, CSC to me represents a newer fresher approach to wheelin and getting together in AZ. we are a TOYOTA group not just cruisers so everyone has a place to hang out and ppl to wheel with.

in my expirence i didnt really like the way AZLCA was set-up, too structured maybe?? i dont know, something just didnt appeal to me.

i think there is enough room for two clubs and i know most of us involved in CSC are more than happy to get together with AZLCA members for alot of good things.

woodsfj40 said:
Not to start anything, but the reason I went to CSC is that I tried to contact ANYONE from the AZLCA for 2 years and never got a single response from anyone listed as being part of the club. I finally gave up.
I'm hoping this forum will get us all closer and more in-tune with one another. Sounds mushy huh? :D

BMAN said:
Abolutely. I'm with you. I ride with both! :)

clarkrw3 said:
Hi glad to see both clubs represented. I was a member 8 years ago of AzLCA and just recently moved back to AZ. It seemed that AZLCA went away for a while and now is back, correct me if I am wrong. What are the major differences to the two groups, and where are they both based. I am def looking for a club but maybe both?!
Anyway welcome and glad to see that this club is getting more active.
I've met super people in both Clubs. Like many clubs (I guess) in the AZLCA it seems like the same members participate on the runs most of the times. There are many members I rarely get to meet and that's unfortunate (to me). I've met a zillion members from this forum at Cruiser Moab. I won't forget them. Hopefully if we AZLCA folks poke around in this forum we'll come together more on the trails. :confused: Any how...that's my hope!

John I really think we needed this link so we can swap stories about our trips.
I really wanted a site where I could get advise on my Fj40 and I think both clubs could exist together and for those who can afford it, join both.

By the way if anyone is looking for parts I am cleaning out my garage and I have spares. I replaced many parts with aftermarket ones and they are original. I posted them on MyFJ40network.com. Most of them are free. I just hate throwing out parts someone else may want or need.

Thanks for setting this up, John. I just put a link on the AZLCA website for this forum.

Tim Rusert
94 FZJ80 - White with 35 inch MTRs, 1 ARB locker, some extra metal, and a few scratches - and a Cruise Moab veteran 2xs...

Thanks for signing up guys. It might take a while to get the majority of us on here. Once we do I see nothing but more fun for all of us! :)

Top Bottom