New CLCC Club Logo? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks nice, but it seems sort of busy. I like the direction you were headed in #28. IMHO, for a logo, simple is good.

Thanks for all the work.

Craig

Can you make one with just the bezel and the CLCC/TLCA logos in the headlight holes, no flag etc.

I have been working with Cruiser804 to create the many designs that have fueled this discussion. I would like to make an observation if I may. When I made a simple design, it was "cheesey", and when I made a complex design it was "busy". I am happy to help you guys come up with a logo that you would be proud to have represent your club but I think that if we continue in this way we will always be reacting to suggesttions and not achieving goals. To answer your question Stumbaugh, I can do that, but I think we need to stop and evaluate the process for a minute.
First off, does anyone know the year that CLCC was formed, I just guessed at 1992? I think it is important to incorporate the Est. in whatever logo you end up with.
Secondly, is there a consensus as to what best represents your group, clean and simple (my preference hence the first submissions), slick and cool guy (STLCA) or complex and heavy on DC area pride (the most recent) ?
And lastly, Is there any one person in the group with the authority to choose from say three options, if I were to work up one for each of the camps of interest that are voicing their opinions?
I hope we can work this out, it has been fun addressing the multitude of preferences.
Let me know,
Spike

Hi Spike, first of all, thank you very much for your work so far. It's great that we have guys like you that are willing to put in the time just to have us critique your stuff.

My original plan for choosing a final logo was to try to get a handful of completely different logo ideas and choosing one (by voting at a future meeting or by voting here in the thread) before taking that one idea and fully developing it. That way we didn't have people like you putting a lot of time and effort into a design we don't end up using. But the thread kind of went in a different direction. As for who has the authority to finally select a logo, it just needs to be a vote of club members. If we did that online, I'd trust that only current club members would vote.

Also, yes the club was formed in 1992. Our current logo actually has "Since 1992" written in the bottom of the circle. It looks a little different than the version I posted up in this thread. I'm going to try to get an electronic copy for us to see.

As for your other question about the kinda of logo we want as a club (simple vs. in your face DC, etc), I think that's something we all should chime in on. I tend to like the more simple designs, but I'm just one guy.

So, I guess bottom line is... why don't we take a break from working on this design and try to come up with some completely different ideas.

Felix,
I got the impression from one of your earlier posts that you had hoped to keep the existing logo design, just give it an overhaul. Let me know if you want me to work up something in that direction. If so, please tell me what you do and don't like about the current logo.
Spike

As the resident "art critic" I have to say I like our original logo. The way STLCA incorporated the bezel into their logo isn't bad, but I am not so hip on it being the focus of the composition. I agree with a previous proposal about maybe just cleaning our current logo up a little bit, but overall I like the current layout.

I did not realize anyone outside the club was putting serious effort into this. Thank You for your help Spike. Felix, perhaps you should work with Spike and Cruiser804 offline and have them come up with a few different ones then we put it to vote?

I can see how this shout out process would make someone designing the thing crazy. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom