New CLCC Club Logo? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Okay, we've talked about this for a while. I'm no graphic artist, but I thought I'd be able to take a shot at a new logo. But I just haven't had the time.

So, the call is going out to all of you. If you've got an idea for a new CLCC logo, post it up. Or if you haven't got the skills, just describe what's in your head and maybe someone else will be able to make it happen.

Also up for discussion is whether we need a new logo at all. If you think our current is good, say that too.

Here's our current logo. I know I have a higher res version somewhere, but this one is the one I found first. You get the idea.
CLCC Logo.jpg

Also, you don't need to be a club member or even know us at all to throw up an idea. If you're a logo wizard that stumbled in here from the left coast or middle America, show us what you got.

Hey, a buddy of mine designed the local BMW club logo.

This is a first stab, what do you think? I am not really the artsy type if someone wanted to work with him I could put you in contact with him. It's a little different but kinda cool, I think.
CLCC.jpeg

Thats pretty cool. What if we had pics of a 40 series 60/80 series in each of the headlights. Whe could also look at putting in the full club name in th top and bottom parts of the frame.

I was actually thinking of something similar for a logo (but its a little late to say that now!)

Maybe there could be a mountain in the background w. clcc written above it...

I'd asked him for a faint image of the captol in one of the heaflight. When I get some more ideas I'll have him rework it.

I'd asked him for a faint image of the captol in one of the heaflight. When I get some more ideas I'll have him rework it.

And maybe a faint image of a wooded trail in the other headlight. It would be a nice contrast. The city in one headlight and the trail in the other. Just a thought.

Have him follow the contours of the 40 hood/fenders on the top part of the logo.

Also, loose the red. Go Blue. :D

Last edited:
Do we want to actually say "Capital Land Cruiser Club" somewhere?

If the top part of the bezel was made to be fatter, like it should be, we could put Capital Land Cruiser Club in there like the early 40s had "Land Cruiser" stamped in the bezel. Finding a matching font would be great.

Ok, this is what I recieved this morning. I'll go through the comments and relay any that were not addressed in this version
CLCC 6.1.JPG

Ooh, I like the capital like that.

If the top part of the bezel was made to be fatter, like it should be, we could put Capital Land Cruiser Club in there like the early 40s had "Land Cruiser" stamped in the bezel. Finding a matching font would be great.

I agree, but don't think that there's enough room. Perhaps if it was spelled out in the blackened area where clcc now is?

This media is so much better for designing stuff, with immediate response and everyone being able to see stuff at the same time. The last time we went through this it was all pretty much catch as catch can and we didn't get too far.

Hmmm... I think it will work. I can see it in my head. I guess I'll just need to wait until I get home where I've got photoshop.

This was in MSPaint, but you get the idea.
CLCC 6.2.JPG

Ok, here it is with the bezel corrected. Maybe the old style with TOYOTA on the top part of the bezel?
CLCC 6 2.JPG

Ok, here it is with the bezel corrected. Maybe the old style with TOYOTA on the top part of the bezel?

See post above yours for my idea.

And here's a pic of the inspiration:

attachment.php

I prefer the one in post 16, with the text in the fat of the bezel. Hopefully, it will be legible when printed in Toyota Trails. Anyone asked them to put ours in, even the old one? I noticed that even while we are listed, our logo is not.

Anyone asked them to put ours in, even the old one? I noticed that even while we are listed, our logo is not.

Hmm, I hadn't noticed that. I'll check to see what the issue is. Or maybe I'll wait until we have a new one to use.

That is one problem with using the bezel like this: the logo ends up being much wider than it is tall, so when it's printed small it might be hard to read. Plus, this version should even be a little wider it we wanted it to be more like the acurate proportions of the truck.

I'm liking this one so far, but does anyone else have any other ideas? My goal was to get a rough sketch of a handful of ideas so we can choose between them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom