For Sale NEW Classic Land Cruiser FJ43 tub trailers for sale $5900 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had posted here before but let's start fresh. I have now completed the prototype trailer which is being imported to Florida now.

What you get...

Professionally painted (PPG or Dupont) offroad trailer tub made from a new all steel FJ43 tub. Has integrated large, lockable storage box up front. Bed is 5 feet long same as FJ43. Custom Tonneau cover. We fabricate this portion in Colombia and I can ship them with my trucks that I am now sending every 30 to 60 days. If you tell us you want PPG paint code Mustard Yellow that is what we paint it. The underside and inside the storage box and inside the bed is texture painted. The paint quality is the same as our restored $30,000 to $60,000 FJs.

In Tampa we fabricate the trailer base which will then be titled in Florida as a new trailer. Trailer will be all welded and reinforced and have an axle with 6 bolt pattern to fit Toyota wheels. The payload rating will be higher than anything you will ever put it in anyhow. This is about an 8 foot long trailer. Not too small like some on the market yet not too big.

For that price let's figure 15 inch Toyota classic hubcap rims or steel wagon wheels plus two quality 31 inch AT tires.

Note the quality of the hand made drop down tailgate and the FJ40 rear valance with matching FJ40 lamps.

I did a short test drive with our 82 FJ43 and you could not feel this trailer behind the truck. The FJ43 has 4 power drums and likewise stopping was not an issue.

Asking for a 50% deposit and you should have the trailer within 60 days. Deposit goes to Volcan 4x4, LLC based in Florida.

IMG_5288.JPG
IMG_5292.JPG
IMG_5293.JPG
IMG_5269.JPG

Large lockable storage box with textured floor and drain holes. We can put a rubber mat in here too. The hinges are painted. The next trailer will be with rust resistant hard wear. Trailer uses similar rubber body mounts and bolts as the FJ43 tub. Painted in a paint booth.

IMG_5264.JPG
IMG_5265.JPG
IMG_5296.JPG
IMG_5247.JPG

This is a one of a kind Land Cruiser accessory that is both great looking and useful. Would look great behind an FJ40 or an FJ45 pickup. A great base for a tent top trailer too as the tub is strong and all steel.

IMG_5285.JPG

Trailer base is all new made in Florida. Tub section is all new made from a real reproduction all steel FJ43 tub manufactured in Colombia. Thanks.

IMG_4028.JPG
IMG_4029.JPG

Finally got the trailer done. First one took too long! So the trailer base is made in Florida it is new 2014 manufacture. The top part tub we made in Colombia. I need to post more photos the guy did a great job. Uses the FJ40 tail lamps. has an adjustable tongue. I had 2 dents on the trailer tub that i am fixing. I will have to crate these in the future.

If anyone wants one I can do the turnaround faster next time. It tows very nice behind the FJ43. Not very heavy. It is a fun toy but with the storage box and textured bed actually could be pretty usefull too.

IMG_6227.JPG
IMG_6228.JPG

Really a nice looking unit, Do have to criticize one thing though, the cheesy padlock strap and loop on the front box. Should be a recessed latch and lock assembly.. Good job though price seems fair.

Hey thanks guys. This was a nutty idea and honestly I really suffered putting this first one together. Now I know how to do it I can replicate it faster and cheaper. I had shipped the painted trailer part without a crate and had 2 dents on the side. I had to have it repaired. The guy in Tampa that did the trailer base really did a good job on it. It has good wiring and that adjustable tongue is nice. I need to upload finished photos.

I am at Mecum Orlando with the truck and new 2014 trailer. I can be $5900 on these. It is a super cool accessory and people went nuts over it. I had several issues with the first one but now that I have done one I can replicate pretty easily and deliver in about 60 days. The trailer bottom part is really cool.

Note we did a tonneau cover too. No sale on my FJ43 rig yet bid to only $35000 but there are several days left. Central Florida not really a land cruiser venue (more muscle cars and corvettes) but I met a lot of land cruiser enthusiasts.

10923206_10153137435997275_2986251905086312608_n.jpg
photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG

Really a nice looking unit, Do have to criticize one thing though, the cheesy padlock strap and loop on the front box. Should be a recessed latch and lock assembly.. Good job though price seems fair.

I agree on the padlock. I had them redo it but much better to find a hardware solution. we actually rebuilt this trailer maybe 4 times. In general for a prototype turned out in a way such that I would not change much. I can do these for $5900. In one sense it is an expensive accessory but from another standpoint there is a lot of cost in it. We can keep the cost down by buying the tub down in Colombia and doing the metal and paint work down there. I need to post more photos of the actual trailer unit and the hitch etc.

If someone out there has a red FJ40 (or actually a red modern Toyota as I think it would look cool behind one too) I think I will have this trailer available for sale separately from the FJ43 I am selling. The red is a touch brighter/ more orange than Freeborn Red but should be close enough for a separate trailer.

I sold the red 82 FJ43 truck without the trailer so I can sell this trailer to anyone who wants it as it is in my garage in Tampa. Otherwise I plan to use it for some other red FJ40s/43s I have inbound for fun promotion and classic car shows. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom