1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Career Low - Golf that is....

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Brentbba, Aug 15, 2005.

1. Brentbba

Brentbba Former Golfer SILVER Star

Came back from Boy Scout summer camp Sat. afternoon. Went out with the wife for some hit and giggle couples golf like I do most Sunday mornings. Played from our white tees - approx. 6400 yards with one of my Saturday regulars and his wife. Previous best on the par 72 layout had been a 76 and had done that 2 or 3 times.

Shot an all time low/best score of 74! Just had to share for Cdan's benefit!

2. 3puttcop

3puttcop

Very nice is that for the front side or all 18.

3. Brentbba

:flipoff2: Funny - all 18 of course! :flipoff2: hehehe

4. cruiserdan

cruiserdan SupportingVendor Emeritus Moderator

Land Cruiser Heritage Museum broom closet
    +2!

That's damn good!...............fawker :flipoff2:

What kept you from par (aside from the fact that you were being watched ;) ) putts?

5. 3puttcop

3puttcop

I could be there....IF I could putt...hence the screen name. I live ona golf course, from blues its 7000yrds. black is 7500yrds. They had PGA "Q" school here last November. I can't break 83 to save my life, nice round!

6. Gumby

Gumby Supamod Staff Member s-Moderator

Bastid. I went out 4-5 times a week last summer. This summer I've been out three times. breaking 80 is an impossibility.

OTOH, I've spent my summer wrenchin on Cruisers and riding my Valkyrie. So it ain't all bad.

7. Brentbba

Putting is the best part of my game. I was sticking approach shots. When I'm on a green in regulation, I'm very confident that I'll do no worse than two putt. Funny thing about the round is that I must have left at least 4 putts for birdie anywhere from 4" to 1' short. Must remind myself, NEVER leave a birdie putt short! My club mows the greens just a hair longer during the summer months so they don't burn out. They're quick to begin with and I don't adjust the speed of my putts like I should. Only hit one bad drive all day that cost me one bogey. Hitting good drives all day from our white tees at 6400 yards allows me to be hitting medium to short irons into the greens and the irons were smoking. Must leave for scout camp more often then return to play golf. hehehe
    Love the new Nike OnePlatinum ball as well. Thought I really liked the ProV until I hit the new Nike - WOW! :bounce: I think it's longer and I can spin it to stick greens that I can't do with the ProV.

3Putt - wow - that's one long course. What's the name and where? Our black tees play just short of 7100 and it's a different golf course from the tips. Fairway bunkers that I normally drive beyond are all of a sudden in play and hitting long irons or fairway woods into the longer par 4's.