New carburetor... has be an obvious but not to me. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The throttle linkage won't move. It looks like that arm sticking out on the right is in the way. The old carb didn't have one it moves freely. Any ideas? 72' FJ40.

d5mG9NwpRX6aubW5cjJwAg (1).jpg

_gRhddxIRkK8BK0UscrgNg (1).jpg

Does the linkage move when not connected?

Does the carb linkage move when manually operated without the linkage connected? And does it move or open in the direction the linkage would be moving it?

Asking because maybe the new carb functions in the opposite direction of the original carb. That means that with the linkage connected it would cause the carb to close instead of open.

Does the linkage move when not connected?

Does the carb linkage move when manually operated without the linkage connected? And does it move or open in the direction the linkage would be moving it?

Asking because maybe the new carb functions in the opposite direction of the original carb. That means that with the linkage connected it would cause the carb to close instead of open.
It doesn't move either way. I'll have to take it off to check. I thought this would be easy. Lol. It's never really easy. Thanks for the help.

So, you installed it without cycling the linkage before you bolted it to the manifold?

I've never heard of cycling the throttle. I looked on YouTube but nothing there. So I messed with it some more. The linkage is really stiff but it moves fine with a wrench. Runs great too. I'm going to buy a new accelerator cable and see if that will do it.

What he means is, does the throttle move freely without being hooked up? Not mounted to vehicle? It is possible the carb itself has an issue. you should be able to work the linkage by hand.

Post another picture zoomed out so we can see more of the carb, linkage, etc.

Thank you everyone for the help. I got it. I was looking on the wrong side. The throttle "axle" for lack of a better word was stuck against a hose the opposite side of the linkage. It works just fine now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom