new carb help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I put a new carb on my fj60, and have a few questions for you folks.

1. how do I know if the air/fuel ratio is right? I know where the screw is to adjust it, but don't know if it is set right or not.

2. what should I set the idle to? I have it at about 950 rmps right now.

3. there is no question 3, I just have issues

Thanks folks!

U got ?'s, I got answers:
1. It will show highest RPM or vacuum.
2. Whatever you are comfortable with, or there may be a requirement to set it to the VECI specified speed in your emission jurisdiction.
3. Every generation has it's disease.

FJ40Jim said:
U got ?'s, I got answers:
1. It will show highest RPM or vacuum.

?

Treat me like I am stupid (cuz I am when it comes to stuff like this). What will show highest rpm or vacume? Am I supposed to use a guage of some sort to do this (that would make sence)? and if so, what is it called, so I can get my hands on one?

Sorry for stupid questions.

Dirty Toad said:
?

Treat me like I am stupid (cuz I am when it comes to stuff like this). What will show highest rpm or vacume? Am I supposed to use a guage of some sort to do this (that would make sence)? and if so, what is it called, so I can get my hands on one?

Sorry for stupid questions.

When the fuel mixture is set (the screw) correctly a vacuum guage off the intake manifold will so the highest vacuum. Do a search on setting fuel mixture. Go to a autoparts store and buy a vacuum guage for like $20. I like the mityvac guage.You got a manual? Adjust the mixture screw only really effects the idle mixture. The manual say to set to 650 rpm at idle.

Thanks Kevin!

i bought a manual, but it turns out it has just about everything I need to know except anything under the hood. DOH! I get the engine FSM this next week. (too much money for all these dang books)

I will get the guage and plug away.

thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom