new camping SOP- ash can (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.marksoffroad.net
In reading comments on the Saline Valley Management plan, I am reminded that the NPS already has in place a policy REQUIRING park users to remove the ashes from their fires when they leave.

Obviously, this policy is hard to police, and I have not seen it enforced. However, it is an existing policy, and one that follows a simple principle we all learned in kindergarten: you make a mess, you clean it up. As a club, we need to 'step up' and acknowledge this obligation.

I think the club should invest in an ash can. Something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-BEHRENS...857?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d40902851

If someone already owns one they would like to donate, that would be great.

Perhaps we should develop a protocol that whoever leads a run is responsible for making sure the can makes it on the run, either in their own truck, or someone else that has committed to going.

Chat it up here, or on Facebook if you prefer, but I'd like to see the club vote on this at the next meeting.

Mark

I picked one up yesterday.:)

Thanks for doing that Mark.

I think we should make it a habit to go the extra mile.

Next time we see a mess that we didn't make, we should clean it up.

Remember that "Foam" someone made a mess with at our campground at Red Rock? That's a perfect example of something we can clean up.

Can't help it. It's the Boy Scout in me.;)

Mark,

This is a great I deal. We missed you at TNS this year. Pismo is also starting to be highly affected by the left over ash that is not cleaned up after camp fires. I will make sure to bring it up your suggestion at the next Trail Crew meeting. Great call out!

I will be hauling the ash can out to Saline Valley with me next week.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom