New Bumper is on!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.alexanderimaging.com
Hey All,
So I went w/ the tire on the left, would have liked the ladder a bit shorter...that was an oversight. Great protection, haked off the rear crossmember, and had to do a little hacking on the flares. Really liked the guy who fabbed it. If I had to do it again, I'd make slight adjustments. He is tweaking them as he builds them....now I gotta test it. If you wonder why a ladder...well, I am 5'7", got 2 kids and a mutt, and we carry a TON of junk, and figured I'm gonna kill myself jumping off of the roof, one of these days, also very helpfull with my 2 man kayak....

Oh Yeah, cut off the resonator on the muffler, now I whistle too....I'm going to have to weld it back on, scooted back a bit...

more pics to follow.

PS...any of you with the Slee license plate bracket...what does it attach too?, I need one!!!

Jeff

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, me likes :)

So, it looks like the ladder is on its own pivot? Is it supported at all at the top - I'm guessing not as it's quite wide. It also looks like you have a rcvr, but that it is on an angle?

Cheers, Hugh

The bracket attaches to two of the spare tire mounting studs. The ones at 4 and 8 o'clock.

They are each on their own pivot, with one latch...good, cuz you open both with one latch..bad cuz it's all or none, you can't remove just the ladder. The arms have, tucked under them, little gas shocks, you unhook the latch, give them a slight pull and the shock swings 'em open super smooth. The reciever is tied to the frame, he figured at least 3500 lbs towing..although I have nothing too tow...

I really like that.
specifically the two inches of frame he removed. just curious of how it tied in to the frame and if he added any cross members underneath. I really like the solid hoops on the side though that is a real nice touch.
Dave

The bumper has a built in cross member kind of in the middle, where the hitch would end once it is inserted. It all bolts up to existing holes in the frame, much like a slee bumper. Ill take some underneath shots soon

Jeff

Very nice. I like it a lot.

Is that Tube based covered by additional sheetmetal or all are rolled and bend thick sheetmetal?

How much does it all weight?

Augie
The side panel protection is sheet metal, wiith a 1/2" piece off big ass bar welded to the top. I like it all, except the flares, it'd look and perform better with the flares gone, and some line x or similar...that'll happen once I rip one off

Jeff

Yeah..I paid a deposit 2 months ago, and now the rest....for some reason it feels less painful.

My wife has never said a thing about the cruiser addiction...but after this purchase...I got death threats....Funny thing is, I hand drew a pic my rig w/it, and had it stuck to the fridge with the price, sort of a warning of things to come. She thinks it's 'too big'...

what is too big.....just somebody's momma

Damn , that is a sweet looking bumper ! It would look great with one of Slees front bumpers with the hoop . Does that guy sell then yet ? As in a bolt on , out the door , ready to go model for 80's ? ;))

Thanx

Well, he is making them, you can order one, but installation requires some cutting of the rear crosss member, and then it is all bolt on....he is in grass valley, CA.....4x4 labs.com. Me not affiliated, just a customer. Took about 3 hours

Jeff

That is awesome. I need to get on building a rear bumper for my 80s. I really like the low profile design. Any chance of getting some shots of the underside? I'm curious as to how much it would cost them to replicate it? I don't mind doing my own work but that is one that I think I could bolt on and be happy with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom