New Bumper Design (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I've chosen a new bumper design and waiting for it to be built. Design is by Kennessaw Mountain Accessories, but getting a local shop to build. Let me know your thoughts........
Bumper.jpg

That's very similar to my bumper.

So I've chosen a new bumper design and waiting for it to be built. Design is by Kennessaw Mountain Accessories, but getting a local shop to build. Let me know your thoughts........
The hoops around the headlight look a little flimsy for my liking (Deer factor).
Other than that, it looks good.

But I like being able to have built-in fogs like in the other bumper from the posted link above.

Man, those are some nice bumpers. Do they make any for the 80?
x2

I'd be curions...

Just got off the phone with Shrockworks. They don't currently make a bumper for the 80. But , they said if we can generate enough interest they would make them! :cheers:

Newsomew,
I like the bumper. I've been thinking about putting a hitch in the front bumper instead of the winch.
Question for everyone - why the extra weight?:hmm: I'm looking at one of the simple, light, tube bumpers like metaltech.

Newsomew,
I like the bumper. I've been thinking about putting a hitch in the front bumper instead of the winch.
Question for everyone - why the extra weight?:hmm: I'm looking at one of the simple, light, tube bumpers like metaltech.

That's my question too I like the metal tech but would probably skin it with some sheet metal b.c I don't like the open front end look but like the less weight.

Just got off the phone with Shrockworks. They don't currently make a bumper for the 80. But , they said if we can generate enough interest they would make them! :cheers:

I've always liked the Shrockworks stuff.
However--at least for their Nissan bumpers and sliders (buddy with an Xterra)--Shrockworks seems to maintain a reliable 6 month(!) lead time on filling orders.

I've always liked the Shrockworks stuff.
However--at least for their Nissan bumpers and sliders (buddy with an Xterra)--Shrockworks seems to maintain a reliable 6 month(!) lead time on filling orders.

Yes, They did mention that to me.

Not bad... If you'r ehaving a custom one built, I would put the built-in turn signals a touch lower and a little inward. And maybe bump up to a 2" bar around the headlights, etc.

That perkins one is a little blah for me. Approach angle looks terrible. Has a stinger that doesn't protect the front lights. Those shrockworks, on the other hand, look awesome.

Edit: actually, I take that back. Here is a front bumper from the 96-02 4runner that is sweet

lrg-70-sdc10701.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom