New Bump It Off Road Rear Bumper and CAMEL Modular Rack (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.carapacecampers.com
I've been loaning my truck to Mike at BIO for the last 18 months on and off to get this thing finished.

The front and rear of the truck were both scanned by an arm laser and the whole thing was designed in a CAD program before laying out and cutting, It was a really neat experience.

It is really tight and follows the lines of the truck well. The final version will be a smidge wider as mine lines up exactly with the side panels.

So here it is:

IMG_7773.JPG

The arms are super tight to the truck and the lines of the bumper, The tire and ladder rack follow the curve and leave a nice opening for the license plate. theres room to relocate it to the ladder rack, but It's prettty good as is. :
IMG_1519.JPG

I had a rotopax, 2 quick fists and high lift-mount put on my tire carrier:
IMG_7779.JPG

IMG_7767.JPG

The CAMEL Rack (Can Arm Mount Expandable Ladder) holds 2 water or fuel cans and includes a lock bar, The ladder rungs can be located in multiple positions depending on needs and are all 1 1/8" diameter so they are compatible with Yakima rack systems for bike trays. I believe he is creating single jerry can holders and side posts to add to the sides for additional storage and bike tray mounting if needed.
IMG_7777.JPG

Let me know if you guys want more pics of anything. We took it wheeling and on a 2000 mile road trip last week and I love it.

Looks pretty awesome. Is your truck RinoLined?
Can you get a profile shot of the whole set up, and a couple pics from ground level.
Are the sides strong enough to support the weight of the truck.
Thanks

I've been loaning my truck to Mike at BIO for the last 18 months on and off to get this thing finished.

The front and rear of the truck were both scanned by an arm laser and the whole thing was designed in a CAD program before laying out and cutting, It was a really neat experience.

It is really tight and follows the lines of the truck well. The final version will be a smidge wider as mine lines up exactly with the side panels.

So here it is:

View attachment 1297369

The arms are super tight to the truck and the lines of the bumper, The tire and ladder rack follow the curve and leave a nice opening for the license plate. theres room to relocate it to the ladder rack, but It's prettty good as is. :
View attachment 1297370
I had a rotopax, 2 quick fists and high lift-mount put on my tire carrier:
View attachment 1297371
View attachment 1297372
The CAMEL Rack (Can Arm Mount Expandable Ladder) holds 2 water or fuel cans and includes a lock bar, The ladder rungs can be located in multiple positions depending on needs and are all 1 1/8" diameter so they are compatible with Yakima rack systems for bike trays. I believe he is creating single jerry can holders and side posts to add to the sides for additional storage and bike tray mounting if needed.
View attachment 1297373
Let me know if you guys want more pics of anything. We took it wheeling and on a 2000 mile road trip last week and I love it.

How about a couple profileshot with everything closed...from left side

Nice bumper, but why did the license plate change?

The sides, corners and wings are reinforced. The sides will support the weight of the truck, but the slope will not allow for a high lift.

The truck is bedlined.

Pics below...
View attachment 1297480 View attachment 1297481 View attachment 1297482 View attachment 1297483 View attachment 1297484

Looked overly large at first, but side/profile shots look great!

One more request... Rear shot, but back farther away in back for perspective.
Hard to tell proportion with close-ups...sorta like selfies shot close that make everyone's nose look like Jimmy Duranti... ;)

Bookmarked! Love the swing out, not sure about the ladder (I'm a 'husky' fellow, lol).

Don't see it on their site so post up in this thread when it goes live. Kudos for being the guinea pig ;)

This looks great!

Do you mind sharing price?

I'm 6'6 and weigh 250, the ladder is a God send. I have an awning and a Road shower as well as often having a box on the roof so we can take our Dane and Husky on trips. It makes it a lot easier to attach and remove and load stuff.

As far as price, Mike is still finalizing it as far as I know. I got the special loan you my truck for months price...

IMG_7986.JPG

@Desert Yeti thanks for posting the pics. looks great. hope to see it in person some time. do you ever make it out to the copper state cruisers meetings/runs?

I'm 6'6 and weigh 250, the ladder is a God send. I have an awning and a Road shower as well as often having a box on the roof so we can take our Dane and Husky on trips. It makes it a lot easier to attach and remove and load stuff.

As far as price, Mike is still finalizing it as far as I know. I got the special loan you my truck for months price...

View attachment 1297883

Amazing how different it looks from distance, and without perspective distortion. The other pic made it look HUUUUUGE. ;) I see now that it's a super nice setup! Thanks for the extra shots!

Amazing how different it looks from distance, and without perspective distortion. The other pic made it look HUUUUUGE. ;) I see now that it's a super nice setup! Thanks for the extra shots!

It is very nice and clean. The bumper flows really well with the body lines...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom