New Bulbs - SilverStar ZXE -- performance and pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings Gents,
I had just bought my 96 FZJ and immediately took it on a road trip. Night Driving was very do-able especially with the brights on. But, with dims, it was not acceptable.

I was planning on buying some HIR beams, but did not have a good shipping address due to my travels, and here I am 2 weeks later and still not home, so shipping them home would not have done much good.

Deer are moving around and I do a lot of night driving. I saw an add about some new Sylvania ZXE bulbs out on the market, so I decided to give them a try so that not only would I be able to see better, but I could provide feedback for everyone to have. Taking one for the team!!!

I have posted a picture of me driving at night with the lows first, and the high beams second.

Now, I put high beams in both sockets, knowing that the directional reflectors in the LC will keep them out of other drivers eyes. I have not been flashed to dim once. I even forgot about it late driving one night, and only got flashed to dim one time with the brights on and I am very pleased with the light output.

These pictures are with a decent canon 14mp digital point and shoot. But, in person, the view is much brighter and crisper. These shots are mainly to give people the idea of the color of the light output and the brightness.

LOW BEAMS but using high beam bulbs
LowBeams.jpg

HIGH BEAMS using high beam bulbs
HighBeams.jpg

...install Slee upgraded wiring harness and kick it up a couple more notches.
Good idea using the quad HI bulbs.

slee installed and I can't tell a difference

I installed the slee wiring upgrade and can't tell a difference. Is this because the voltage draw is identical to OEM? or am I missing something.

I believe that MyCrush was referring to the fact that you can now install 100 watt bulbs rather than the stock 55 watts. The Slee harness allows this. However many states limits you to 55 watts/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom