New Bulbs and Now the Rear Defroster is Fixed! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just wanted to let everyone know, I replaced the two mini bulbs in the rear defroster switch and now it works, I hear the relay come on and the rear windows begins to defrost. Switch lights up too. Tried finding the bulbs at Radio Shack, but struck out. The 2 bulbs cost me $32 at the dealer. Make sure you keep the white rubber cap from the old bulb in order to install it on the new ones. The pair from the dealer did not come with the white rubber cap. The bulb with the cap installs on the side of the switch where the Amber Circle illuminates. The other bulb without the cap, installs on the side where the rear window icon is.

$32 :eek:

Was this a Lexus dealer?

Negative, I paid $14.49 a piece from the Toyota dealer here in San Diego. Special order part.

No click from the relay before I replaced the bulbs.

Nice, a ~55 percent price escalator.

Can u pull these out of dash of other toyotas at junk yard? Grainger McMaster etc have lamp section lookup by base. voltage. wattage etc.

Going to the junkyard 20 miles away, not to mention if they are going to work....etc. Paying this price at the dealer is OK to me, and having the satisfaction it fixed the rear defroster, even better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom