NEW BUILD participation!! 21’ LC HE black/black help with idea (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If possible, do XPEL for the clear bra - superior in every way.
Excellent! Thanks. I’m also doing EXOSHEILD
fir the windshield.....we have too many rocks on the highways out here. Shatter too many windshields. Plus I want to see how it holds up

Excellent! Thanks. I’m also doing EXOSHEILD
fir the windshield.....we have too many rocks on the highways out here. Shatter too many windshields. Plus I want to see how it holds up
Just noticed your name...If you are in Phoenix, there are at least two or three XPEL installers.

Front lockers require regearing which is quite expensive. A rear-only locker doesn't require regearing and might be sufficient. You could always start with the rear then add the front later.
Is this only for newer cruisers? I’ve never heard of this.

Is this only for newer cruisers? I’ve never heard of this.
What is your question? You can add a rear locker without changing the gear ratio for the cost of the locker and setup ($999-$1200 for the locker plus setup labor; another ~$600 and bearing kit ~$400). Or if you opt for both lockers, you could find yourself into it for more than 2x this amount (some years [16+] require a replacement carrier from a <‘13 or Tundra).

Well he said you are required regear if you want a front locker. But I have factory gears and a front arb. Was confused as why you “required”. Like does this only apply to new lane cruisers?

I’d love to see one where they mount the spare on the rack
Have you ever put up or taken down a 33-35”tire/wheel from roof rack? I personally think and could be wrong here but it seems to be the worst location and you will end up scratching/dinging your rig and or chasing your tire after you drop it from the roof. It’s also more exposed to the sun(maybe matters, don’t know). Putting it up is not great for the back either. Granted, it’s probably pretty rare to have to change a flat all that often. Maybe once a year at most for many folks, so the roof looks like a great spot if you don’t need the rack for lots of gear or Home Depot lumber trips and will never use a parking garage. The rear swing out is the thee beat option but sucks if you need to access the cargo area often(grocery runs,errands).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom