new body mount bushings? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone
I am going through my body mounts and am missing some. What have you all been doing to replace them?

Is there and upgrade that ya'll using?

Syked!

You might have a 1" body lift. If that is the case, then not all of the body mounts are used with the lift. I installed a 1" body lift for exhaust clearance for up and over the frame rail but noticed some body mounts in the back of the body that did not have a rubber puck connecting them to the frame.

The #5 mount (counting from front to back) is a less robust design than the others, not having a bolt through both frame and body.
New Info Update: The #5 Bed Spacer mounts directly to a weld-nut on the body underside with an M8x1.25x18mm (12mm head) hex bolt.
For mounting with the 1" body-lift puck - M8x1.25x40mm JIS (10mm flange head) hex bolt is perfect. (I found at Ace Hardware)
That's the one at the rear frame crossmember over the rear axle, which the body lift vendor calls the "bed spacer", which they sort of consider to be extra.
Buying their bedspacer is $10 wasted IMO, I was disappointing in what they supplied, compared to the main 5 mounts, which are great. (so I made my own)

4Crawler_1inchBodyLiftKit_plus_BedSpacer_StdHdwr.JPG

FZJ80_LX450_Frame-Body_Bushing_number5.JPG

Last edited:
Numbers 1-5, from front to back are still in production. Number 6 has been NLA for some time.

What is the white material that you made the pads with. Look really pro! Nice job
I DIY made the square ones from 1" thick x 2.5" wide x (whatever length 1 ft, 2ft, etc) UHMW from mcmaster.
Cut to length with a wood miter saw, hole drilled on a drill press. Surface texture is quite smooth.
Really very easy to work with - go slow - be careful not to let friction heat build up, or expansion might cause blade binding problems.
The round vendor made ones are also 1" thick UHMW, but turned from round stock on a lathe, I suppose. They have fairly deep circular grooves on the surface.
I plan on installing with 150 grit wet-or-dry sandpaper non-slip gaskets between UHMW and underside of body (grit toward UHMW) to avoid slippage & shifting back & forth. UHMW is very slippery - almost as much as teflon.

BTW, all 6 are available from FEBEST - really not concerned about the OEM only thing for this - they 're only body supports, after all, not stressed.
Still costs a lot for the whole set though.

other photos, diagrams, Toyota&FEBEST part numbers here, towards the end.
4Crawler 1" body lift

Last edited:
There's one body mount near the exhaust that is typically replaced with an aluminum puck to avoid melting.

Man! Once again this web site is the bomb. Somehow it has gathered all the coolest people!
Thanks everyone.

Went to Toyota today and priced out and the total came to 900 Bones! Think I will search through the garage again for the missing bushings.

You might have a 1" body lift. If that is the case, then not all of the body mounts are used with the lift. I installed a 1" body lift for exhaust clearance for up and over the frame rail but noticed some body mounts in the back of the body that did not have a rubber puck connecting them to the frame.

can I see photos of that? I was looking at doing the same thing

I bought a full set of body mounts from febest a few years ago. Perfect matches from what I took out. They've been working great for a 2-3 years.

I think every bushing cost me $250 at the time. I bought new hardware from mcmaster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom