New Blower Motor (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey maybe this isn't exactly breaking news but before I pulled the trigger on a $67 (plus shipping) 12v blower motor on rock auto I decided to look around for a better price and happened to find the same blower motor on Autozone's website for just under $40 with free shipping. I ordered one and it arrived the next day. It doesn't come with the white plastic turbine or the blower motor housing gasket so I reused the originals and it was a perfect fit but without a wiring harness so I reused the wiring harness from the original blower motor so I didnt have to splice any of the wires coming from the truck's wiring harness. Here's the LINK in case anyone's in the market for a new motor. I had opened up my original blower motor hoping it was just a matter of new brushes but the commutator was completely worn through and destroyed. I was happy to get away just paying $40 for a new one.

IMG_8928.JPG

Hey maybe this isn't exactly breaking news but before I pulled the trigger on a $67 (plus shipping) 12v blower motor on rock auto I decided to look around for a better price and happened to find the same blower motor on Autozone's website for just under $40 with free shipping. I ordered one and it arrived the next day. It doesn't come with the white plastic turbine or the blower motor housing gasket so I reused the originals and it was a perfect fit but without a wiring harness so I reused the wiring harness from the original blower motor so I didnt have to splice any of the wires coming from the truck's wiring harness. Here's the LINK in case anyone's in the market for a new motor. I had opened up my original blower motor hoping it was just a matter of new brushes but the commutator was completely worn through and destroyed. I was happy to get away just paying $40 for a new one.

View attachment 3179168
How come you did not get with me for a OEM japan DENSO one with a connector plug on it and the needed rubber venting tube ?

05856B9E-02B3-4FC5-85D0-D1A54BDD4F8E.jpeg

OP will be back. Those cheapo china motors don’t last very long

How come you did not get with me for a OEM japan DENSO one with a connector plug on it and the needed rubber venting tube ?

View attachment 3180117
Sorry, I could only find the 24v diesel blower motor using the search on your website. I needed a 12v blower motor. The motor from Autozone has the port for the venting tube. I connected the original to the port. Do you sell the 12v version as well? For some reason it doesn't show up for me when searching your website.

The Canada-made Siemens motors are pretty good. Not as much oomph as the OE, but not bad for the price. Matt has Japan replacements that are very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom