new bias ply Goodyear tires - 7.50x16s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I finally got the photos resized:

They are Chilean Goodyears - 7.5x16 - 10ply rating Xtra Grip Hi-Milers

They have about a half inch at the center of the tread. I currently running them at 30 psi front and 32 rear.
IMG_6356.jpg
IMG_6368.jpg

Firsy off SWEET stripes. Those are great looking tires, how tall are they? 31's?

Those look a lot like the old Goodyear Custom Extra Grips that I put on my FJ 40 back in 1978. Ran them on a 3/4 Ford truck too. Loud on the road but loved the tires.

Tony

Ambi door 60 Cool is it a domestic or imported

The tires were made in Chile - I used to have a set of these on a Chevy pickup in the US. They aren't as loud as a lot of MTs and def. not as loud as swampers. Again, though my max speed is about 100 km/hr with the 3B.

They measure just under 32 mounted and sitting on the vehicle - (30 psi front and now 35 in the back) they measure 31". I raised the pressure in the rears to 35psi because they were still getting warmer than the front ones. Not too warm, but warmer. I'll run them this way for a couple days and then may drop them down to 28 and 33.

Most people run them around here at 40 or 50 psi and so they are bald in the middle with plenty of edge tread left. That is somewhat unavoidable given that they are bias ply and narrow.

As far as the '60 goes, it was originally in Paraguay. It is all original except for the striping. It came to me with 15" wheels and 31x10.50s BFG ATs which are great until you get offroad here in the mountains - the rocks have TEETH!! Oh, and it had black fiberglass mud-guards which I removed immediately. I LIKE it dirty - less chance that it will get stolen :grinpimp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom