New Battery & connections dead every morning (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.tomkatinterests.com
Recently I had the condenser/coil/springs replaced. Weird thing with it now is…I replaced my battery and put in new connections. So I fire it up and its sounds awesome and drives better than ever. I let it sit over night and when I go to start it the next day it’s dead. I can only get it started by jumping it….any ideas?

I figure its not the alternator because it runs once it’s jumped…double checked all the connections and they all look right. I even took back the battery and got a new one (with higher voltage)…still doing the same thing.

Must have a drain. I'm not sure how to check for it, but my buddy did on mine and saved me a lot of money buying new batteries all the time. I'm sure someone will post how to check for this.

Recently I had the condenser/coil/springs replaced. Weird thing with it now is…I replaced my battery and put in new connections. So I fire it up and its sounds awesome and drives better than ever. I let it sit over night and when I go to start it the next day it’s dead. I can only get it started by jumping it….any ideas?

I figure its not the alternator because it runs once it’s jumped…double checked all the connections and they all look right. I even took back the battery and got a new one (with higher voltage)…still doing the same thing.
Howdy! I just went thru this on my Piggy. I could get 2 or 3 days parked before it would not have enough juice to crank it up. I went thru everything I could disconnect, & I even replaced the starter, cause it was old & I thought it had a short in int. Nope! Not it. Turned out my alternator had a slow bleed internally. This was on a stock Delco Remy, but it could happen on any brand. Took it in to a "good ol boys" starter/alternator shop, and they showed me on the tester that it put out full amps when running, but it ate some up when it was turned off. Swapped it out and cured the problem. Now I can sit for weeks and still have a good startup charge in the Optima. John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom