New Battery, car chimes, no radio, no windows working. Won' turn over (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The battery is charged, I even took my other car and jumped it to make sure.

Does this sound like a fuse issue, computer. I expected the windows, radio to work with a new battery. The door locks don't work either.

I did not drive this for over two months.

thanks for any ideas or help

-Matt

And are battery cables tight and clean...symptoms sound to me like inadequate, but some, voltage.

I agree with post about the possibility of some, but inadequate voltage getting through. Do you have a way to check the voltage at the cables leaving the battery? Should be around 12.7 for a charged battery. I wonder why jump starting didn't work? Does the immobilizer light work correctly and do you have another key you could try? Is there any mouse damage to wiring from sitting for 2 months?

yeah, I put my portable charger on it, it turned over and then started. It would not keep the charge so I bought a new battery and tried that, then it would not turn over at all. but now I have an ignition light that turns on, no radio, no windows. How did I check to see if a fusible link is blown? If there is a way to check for this please let me know.

The fusible links are the high capacity fuses...look for a small fuseblock attached to the main fuseblock under the hood.

hth

Steve

so I take the cover of the fusebox off, there are larger fuses (colored) that show ignition, horn, etc. and the regular small ones, is what you are talking about one of these or something that connects to this box which has a cover that comes off

Not 100% sure on the LC but I think the fusible links are immediately behind the positive terminal in a black box. Maybe another member can back me up on that? I'd check mine but I left it at work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom