New battery and now ECU & electric out?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Cruiser Fam, Just putting this out into the Ih8mud universe to see if anyone else has encountered this?

I had my AGM battery replaced today and upon installation it sparked a bit--so they opted for another one. Anyway, when I went to start it up all was fine except the ABS/brake light came on the dash and there is no power to the ECU--or the windows or anywhere else really? Nothing works--although it runs none of the gauges work, no signals. The OB2 port is dead as well so I cant read anything. I had to push the button next to the shifter in order to get in in gear to drive it home. I tried disconnecting the battery again in hopes of a reset--but no joy. All the fuses are in tact.

Thoughts? Thx

Last edited:
Fusible link?

Fusible link?
Fusible link?
Thx Mauser. I'll check it out. I'm definitely "finding my way" through so thanks for the input. I actually had to look up what a fusible link was haha. I suspect that might be it by the definition and I'm hoping that a surge from the bad battery put in didn't fry the ECU--I'm not even sure if that is possible with fuses and fusible links? I'm hoping not. At any rate if I can't diagnose it I will be taking it in tomorrow to see if my local mechanic can figure it out. I'll let you know how it all goes. Thx again for feedback

Fusible link?
Mauser! Fusible link for the win!! they said the cause was from the battery being installed backwards?! At any rate—Oreillys said they would pay the bill and all is back to. penal except my antenna will only go up a few inches. But all in all a win! Thx again for your input—hope someone else finds this thread helpful

The antenna height might need I be reset. Did you try using the buttons to manually raise it?
Thx awesomeissquid! I’m an idiot —I didn’t even realize there was a button for the antennae. problem solved. thx again mate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom