New Batteries : It makes a difference ... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good day to all members. I have some interesting observations to share and would like to hear your opinion about these observations. I bought my Land Cruiser 2006 VX TD the 1HD-FTE with a National Luna dual battery charging system. I now have replaced one dead battery a while ago and a two weeks ago I replaced the other battery that measured 2volts..meaning it is dead as well...Then looking at the National Luna solenoid that was rusted I replaced that as well....
The first trip I took after these replacements was interesting to say the least..., the fuel consumption on this trip was something to marvel about...this was the best fuel consumption I ever got since I bought this Land Cruiser...here are a few photos taken during this first trip...my question now is:

Do we really understand how important a fully charge battery is ?
Is an improvement in fuel consumption due to new batteries and solenoid I replaced??? It is hard to argue the numbers ...

7cb399fa-7b63-435b-85e2-1836f21dc049.jpg

12bdee13-48a0-4f37-8726-176f557c996b.jpg

21b3d255-a5bb-4980-a7c9-743c88ab5c2f.jpg

45964350-8dab-4f6b-91a2-60da197a6b5e.jpg

b9fc2ebe-ccd0-487e-8dac-81b9fbf5ae76.jpg

Its more likely that disconnecting the battery reset the trip computer and is still catching up to recalculating your mileage.

The gas mileage won't change from a new battery.

Its more likely that disconnecting the battery reset the trip computer and is still catching up to recalculating your mileage.

You have seen the photos of the time and fuel consumption...I do not think the trip computer will take that long to reset at all..remember the reading is calculated every 10km distance drove...I really think there needs to be a mechanical explanation in regards to the new batteries /solenoid/ 12v power system running the electric system . I really would like more discussion in this regards...

You have seen the photos of the time and fuel consumption...I do not think the trip computer will take that long to reset at all..remember the reading is calculated every 10km distance drove...I really think there needs to be a mechanical explanation in regards to the new batteries /solenoid/ 12v power system running the electric system . I really would like more discussion in this regards...

It is rather unlikely that the condition / state of charge of the battery would dramatically affect the true fuel efficiency from what I know.
The electronics should not be pegged to actual battery voltage, they should work off a regulated voltage, so neither the fuel system nor that display should be affected, I would think.
It's possible of course that the fuel efficiency would be affected if one or both batteries are being charged or not, but it seems that should not be enough of a difference to make anybody notice.
And possible that if the battery voltage were extremely high or low the electronics would do weird things but that would be way out of the ordinary.

What were the previous readings?

It is rather unlikely that the condition / state of charge of the battery would dramatically affect the true fuel efficiency from what I know.
The electronics should not be pegged to actual battery voltage, they should work off a regulated voltage, so neither the fuel system nor that display should be affected, I would think.
It's possible of course that the fuel efficiency would be affected if one or both batteries are being charged or not, but it seems that should not be enough of a difference to make anybody notice.
And possible that if the battery voltage were extremely high or low the electronics would do weird things but that would be way out of the ordinary.

What were the previous readings?
Definitely not 10.5 lt/100km ....here is an example of the "weird things " the electronic system do after I switched of the Cruiser and remove the key ,lock the Cruiser and walk away Sound made

Well, obviously, there seems to be a problem. If it were me, I would not drive it until I'd figured this out.

Since I posted this video about a year or more ago on all the Land Cruiser 100 series forums I accessed , no one can give me an answer why the electronics are making these noises..although I read the manual that these sounds are likely the computer scanning the system for defects ......

Hard to tell from video but it sounds like a relay turning on/off. Go to the fuse box and put your finger on each relay... and also any other 'aftermarket' relay you might have installed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom