New Badland Apex 12,000 lb. Winch (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
$600 with their coupon, introductory price.

72378457_2392387851014990_3514168732945481728_o.jpg

Hmmm...very interesting. I'm not sure how much of a value a HF winch is at a $600 price point. Thanks for posting. Curious what our more knowledgeable winch guys think.

Can it be disassembled and cleaned/repaired easily? Knowing HF this is probably just just a basic clamshell designed injection mold with less than ideal gaskets. I’d want to break it down and reseal it properly before using

hey Andy, How about a sweet coupon code for Warn to keep me from buy this POS badlands winch?? lol

I got a "mailer" for this thing as well. While everything sounds nice on paper, to me the price point doesn't make sense; at 600, I would save a bit more and get a tried and tested winch. I was able to get out the door with the normal Badlands 12k for under 275, which for the time being, did make sense to me.

Dm me. Before I ruin my life 😝🤣🤣🤣😂😂

While HF is comparing their new which to Warn's Zeon series, it seems to me that it's most direct competitor is Warn's VR winches. The VR's can be had at the same price as the HF ($600) and are backed by a limited lifetime and 7 year electronics warranty. If we're comparing made in China vs made in China winches, Warn seems like the clear winner here unless I'm missing something.

Thoughts?

The only difference I see between the VR and the badlands is the wireless remote option.

I have one experience ordering a Badlands winch part. Called HF customer service with the part number from the exploded parts diagram in the back of the owners manual.
The part was cheap, and easily ordered.
The downside was that it took months to get to me. HF did not stock the part in the US and the rep told me it would be put in the next shipping container headed from China to the US.
When I was trying to find anyone who stocked the part I found a lot of retailers stocking Warn winch parts, but NONE stocking HF winch parts.
So I was actually impressed that I was able to get the part, and at a good price, directly from HF. The turn around time could be a real issue though if time to repair mattered at all.
-rube

is the Warn VR the one with the "permanent" control box though?

I wouldnt buy a winch from the same place I buy once use tools from....

Warn VR 10 is right around $750.... that would be my go to sub $1,000 winch.

Ok. Thanks. There was an attractively priced Warn used for sale locally to me a while back, but when I researched it, there was no moving the control box. Water under the bridge at this point.

edit

Last edited:
I ordered one of these Badlands winches. I have not had too much time to mess with it, but upon inspecting it, it seems pretty stout. I am hoping to mount and test it this week. My rational was, on my last build, I had spent $1400 on a warn winch that I only used 1 time in 3.5 years and that was to recover someone else...… that was for my 100 series, this is for my 3x locked 80 that seems to be way more capable vehicle for wheeling. so hopefully this winch seems to be at least worth the $660 I paid for it.

Or to be realistic, hopefully I don't have any issues while I own this vehicle. I used to think every car I buy, I will keep a really long time....... but history shows, I cant hang on to a car longer than 3.5 years. .lol

@Warn Industries if you know of a dealer who sells a Zeon 12 s for $850 please share the link... cheapest I have found for a Zeon 12 s is $1,300
@krice118, Warn did not say that. What he said was you can buy the Zeon for less $$ than what HF states is the price for the Zeon.

In their ad, HF quotes the price for the Zeon as $1731.99.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom