New aftermarket VAF option (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I stumbled across this today, it appears to be a new VAF for 93-94 trucks. No idea what reputation the brand has and its likely from China but for $120 it might be a good option for everyone with a VAF truck with new VAFs being unobtanium for years and used VAFs going for $400 or so.

71KTghwFW9L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I've been silently praying for my VAF to kick the bucket for years, I have a spare harness wired for a haltech and aftermarket trans controller ready to go, I just need the excuse to install it and buy the Haltech.

Last edited:
Saw this schematic in another thread 93-94 truck VAF to MAF conversion project - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/93-94-truck-vaf-to-maf-conversion-project.151783/post-2102512

Looks like it's drawn wrong based on the test readings and uses ~2K thermistor..

I'm going to convert my '94 to RusEFI and use a MAF and eliminate the distributor.
What's your plan for running the auto transmission?

I am going to add transmission control to RusEFI since it is open source and I typically want to swap an engine along with a transmission that won't even have a factory combo.

Edit: I am also adding wide band CO2 sensors.

Last edited:
Maybe after someone gets the ChinaCo knockoff we'll see what to do it to make it more reliable. I look at lots of ChinaCo knockoffs as kits that you just need to finish off yourself to make it into a proper tool or device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom