New Adventures w my 99 100 series 209k miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just got this 1999 100 series with center and rear lockers 3 weeks ago. Iv gone on two weekend off-roading adventures so far to establish the baseline. I have been obsessively reading the forums until I just made an account. I don’t know too much about cars but I love to learn. Here’s some changes and observations. So far:
  • changed to original wheel and tires
  • Synthetic oil change
  • Had mechanic check and top off fluids
  • Changed front breaks that needed changing
  • Flush break fluid
  • Took of side steps
  • Purchased in Los Angeles but car had some time in Washington, no frame rust just some coloring of exhaust and etc
  • Iv been tracking the coolant level, it’s on the “low side” but car is running well and no issues.
  • I smelled gas in the cabin on a hot day in the trails, I have been tracking the gas tank pressure. Pressure is being held well but considering changing the cap.
  • I slept in the back on my last trip, realized the back latch doesn’t work from the inside. I will need to look for a fix for this.
  • My moonroof doesn’t work, I hear the motor try to work but no movement.
  • I’m amazed how great this car is off roading, I’ll upload a video of a steep hill I climbed with this baby while on 2 A/T tires in the back and 2 all season tires in the front
  • Antenna is broken
  • I bought a grease gun to grease the drive shaft this week (dug deep into the forums debates vs factory recommendations on this)
  • Many upgrades to consider, should be coming shortly (if these places ever stock up again)
    C0FE8D8C-F17C-4ECB-8ACB-8FA9A414F4AE.jpeg
    9B1C8FF3-5AFF-4FF2-ACA9-986C6C2BAFB1.jpeg
    1F7A6A91-6166-4AE7-8A49-555182155F19.jpeg
    BBE8E059-964A-4908-ACAC-38CE06C8CBB3.jpeg
    32861D08-20CD-44BD-BF9E-6CBAF72383C8.png

Welcome to mud! Make sure your brake fluid level is set properly and check/change the heater T's. My 100 came with chrome 22's. Rode on them for about a month and AHC on low (I have a LX) in traffic for fun before selling them and getting my 17's.

nice !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom