New addition to the Stable (Project Magilla) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm glad it went to a good home. If I brought another truck home I think my wife would make me sleep in it!

I hear you on that. My wife is beginning to think I have some kind of mental illness with these trucks. I'm not so sure she's wrong!

I get the same thing Jody. She always asks me which girlfriend I'm working on tonight. :lol:

Cool truck Stan! The 80s rule the trails!

Looks like a very nice truck with great possibilities. Congratulations. Maybe a Teflon coating to help slide through the trees?

:lol:

Looks like a very nice truck with great possibilities. Congratulations. Maybe a Teflon coating to help slide through the trees?
If you find it @VBRoamer let me know, I'll try anything to keep those trees from attacking!

Looks like a great start. Will be watching your build!
Glad we had the chance to meet and chat !

Daniel

Thanks @dr_dobro . Had a great time talking shop with you this weekend. Hopefully we'll see you at one of the Keystone Cruiser runs in the near future. I'm sure @shmukster would like to catch up with you as well!

Thanks Stan. Definitely looking forward to get my junk ready one of these days and join the group for some good company and wheeling action.....

Waiting to see the results on your swap!
Daniel

I'll try to keep up on the mods to the new ride. Currently in the process of stripping the FZJ80 E-lockers I acquired from Daniel. Will be rebuilding the front and freshening up the rear brakes. Anyone looking for ABS harnesses just let me know, as I don't have ABS on my truck. Otherwise I'll be putting them on the Mud for sale board shortly.
Just ordered these stand alone E-locker harnesses for the axles. After talking to their tech guys, it should be a simple install and a pretty slick set up when done.
Ultimate Toyota Electric Locker ELocker Wiring Harness Kit by Low Range Off Road (TDI-ELWH)

Well after months of delays (work and life getting in the way as usual :rolleyes:) I've jumped back into the 80 build. Swapped in the rear factory locker axle and fresh OME springs and shocks yesterday afternoon. All went incredibly well with the exception of a broken lower shock mount bolt on the new rear axle. I'm debating how to best solve the issue right now, any ideas are welcome. Leaning toward drilling and tapping it out before cutting it out and replacing it.

Stosh Jr. and I will be attacking the front axle and suspension this coming week. Waiting on a few engine and cooling parts from Onur, but I'm hoping to have it up and sorted by the March club run.

WKOR sliders, Trail Gear front bumper and Trail-Tailor rear ordered up, should be here in 3-4 weeks.

I'll try to take some pics for posterity's sake as it develops.

Wish me luck!

Fancy rust free new springs and shocks. You can see the new "magic traction" actuator cover too!
20170212_165743_zpspmozdchw.jpg

Classic "Stink Bug" stance courtesy of the new rear springs, recycled 16" wheels and 305 tires (props to @Crusha for the assistance on them). Please excuse the mess...busy weekend!
20170212_165653_zpsqhittmxv.jpg

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing the old girl in action.

Now I know where I'm going to find some dent free doors and fenders...:poof:

Better hurry up Greg. Given my history of body mangling, and my affinity for trees, they won't be dent free for long! :D

Better hurry up Greg. Given my history of body mangling, and my affinity for trees, they won't be dent free for long! :D

I will sadly commiserate with you at that time...:cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom