new addition to the fam! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well today ended the jeep era and now we are all toyota in the Odell household. Bought the Wife an 02 4runner today, it was a long day but now she has a yota too!

I'll get some pics posted up this week....if you ever need to buy something my wife will go with you for a small fee....trust me the savings will be well worth it....I can't tell you how many times she got up and started walkin towards the door. It was a battle though cause we stopped at one dealership before and thought we were gonna buy a mercury moutaineer till they wasted 3 hours of our time and decided it was actually 6 grand higher than they originally quoted us...I thought I was gonna have to bail my wife out of jail....I thougth she was gonna slug the guy....But it all worked out cause we ended up with what we originally wanted. And the folks at piedmont honda in anderson were nice to work with. And we did stop by Ralph Hayes and Johnny was great..I told him what we were lookin for and our price range, and he didn't have anything currently but he would let us know....and that was it....he didn't try and put us in something we didn't want or afford, litterly spent 5 minutes there....It's nice to know that the guys at RHT will listen to ya.

x2 on RHT having a good sales group. I've talked to them twice online about vehicles - 1 a FJC (ended up buying used) and 1 about a Yaris (ended up buying the FJC).

They gave me the best prices of any of the dealers I talked to and didn't yank me around for a second.

Well today ended the jeep era and now we are all toyota in the Odell household. Bought the Wife an 02 4runner today, it was a long day but now she has a yota too!

It's a sad day. Honestly thought you would have kept the jeep longer than a year. Last time I ever give you something. Even if it is a heep. I loved that thing. But I love cruisers more.

I wonder how long the runner will last with your lack of maintenence?:flipoff2:

We all know your to cheap to take it to RHT to get it fixed when it breaks.:doh::D

So have you found any used motor mounts so you can actually get your cruiser fixed after what? 2 years?:beer:

I'll get some pics posted up this week....if you ever need to buy something my wife will go with you for a small fee....trust me the savings will be well worth it....I can't tell you how many times she got up and started walkin towards the door. It was a battle though cause we stopped at one dealership before and thought we were gonna buy a mercury moutaineer till they wasted 3 hours of our time and decided it was actually 6 grand higher than they originally quoted us...I thought I was gonna have to bail my wife out of jail....I thougth she was gonna slug the guy....But it all worked out cause we ended up with what we originally wanted. And the folks at piedmont honda in anderson were nice to work with. And we did stop by Ralph Hayes and Johnny was great..I told him what we were lookin for and our price range, and he didn't have anything currently but he would let us know....and that was it....he didn't try and put us in something we didn't want or afford, litterly spent 5 minutes there....It's nice to know that the guys at RHT will listen to ya.

thtas funny when we ended up with our 3rd gen 4runner we were originally looking at Ford Exploders b/c we didnt think we could find a 4runner in our price range.

It's a sad day. Honestly thought you would have kept the jeep longer than a year. Last time I ever give you something. Even if it is a heep. I loved that thing. But I love cruisers more.

Ahh damn, now I'm gonna have to whoop your arse, I offered to sell it back to you.

I wonder how long the runner will last with your lack of maintenence?:flipoff2:
We are actually thinkin that since it's a yota it maintains itself!

We all know your to cheap to take it to RHT to get it fixed when it breaks.:doh::D

Yota's break?

So have you found any used motor mounts so you can actually get your cruiser fixed after what? 2 years?:beer:

Yes, actually I have, and I'm bringin it over to your house so you can help me switch them out!

I specifically made Chuck asked if you would mind if we traded it (didn't want you to be mad at me)...no complaints allowed after the fact. :) ---Misty

Just like a woman to remember EVERYTHING!:p

Yes, actually I have, and I'm bringin it over to your house so you can help me switch them out!

Never. Your just gonna get me to wrap a rope around them or just weld the motor to the frame. I've seen the Clemson Mafia Style. I want no part in your ways.

I've seen

the bungie holding the windshield in trick.
the bungie holding the battery in
vacuum lines holding the engine in
ratchet strap holding the tcase in gear trick
the coathanger holding the alternator trick on
the zip tie holding the brake line on
The two wheel cylinders is fine for stopping the vehicle trick.
The seatbelt doesn't work trick
The roll bar is overrated saying
the who needs a spare tire motto
The whole emergency brakes are for sissies talk
The "We don't need no stinkin skid plates" thing.
The "We bring good jumper cables not good batteries"
The whole tack weld is better than a real weld thing.

I could go on and on. Heck look at Gehn he had to leave the county so he could build a proper LC for fear of reprisal. Last I heard he was in Canada and talking about moving out to California for fear of his life.

I want no part I say. For fear I might have to leave the country.

Never. Your just gonna get me to wrap a rope around them or just weld the motor to the frame. I've seen the Clemson Mafia Style. I want no part in your ways.

I've seen

I could go on and on. Heck look at Gehn he had to leave the county so he could build a proper LC for fear of reprisal. Last I heard he was in Canada and talking about moving out to California for fear of his life.

ah poetry..........

I've seen

:lol: good times.

I've seen

I didn't see anything about wheel cylinders installed backwards.

I didn't see anything about wheel cylinders installed backwards.

Oh the list is long my friend. I didn't even dip into Richards and Malphs issues.

The best story though I can come up with that sums the Mafia up.

We were on a trail out in Whee. I was riding shotgun with Chuck in his 60. Half way down the trail we come to a rutted out section of the trail. Chuck proceeds to get stuck. I noticed the front wheels were not moving and looked down at the T-case lever which was in 2wd. I tell Chuck we are in two wheel drive. He proceeds to tell me shift it into 4wd and hold the stick. I said what. He said again to hold the stick cause it will pop out into neutral. I kid you not the next two miles I didn't get to enjoy the scenery I instead was crouched over holding the lever in gear. Then the engine started dying. I told Chuck it sounded as if there was an issue as it would die at idle so he had to keep his foot on the gas the whole time. He said he could fix it. So he opened the hood and emeidatly started putting vaccum hoses bach on their fittings. I asked him how he knew what it was. He stated it does it all the time. So I kid you not at least 3 times we got out and put them back on. AT the last stop I asked him what was causing them to pop off. He didn't know but knew how to fix it. I asked him if his motor mounts were broken. He said he had no idea. Told him to leave the hood open and put one foot on the brake and let out the clutch. I kid you not that 2f alwast leaped out of the engine bay. So basically he had broken the motor mounts which were causing the engine to rip all the vaccum hoses off and knock the t-case in neautral.

The next year he proceded to bring it up and the exhaust pipe broke off the manifold. He still had not fixed the issue. I was rebuilding a 2f and he asked me if I could have the old mounts. I told him I had thrown them away. Which I did because I knew he would put a set of used mounts on his cruiser instead of paying 45 dollars and buying two new ones. He then asked me if I would put a piece of chain on it for him. I told him it would be easier to just replace them. That was over a year ago. He has been driving around that 60 with no front motor mounts, no exhaust, vaccum lines unhooked and no 4wd.

I kid you not.

Mafia style right there. Through and through.

I have lots of Mafia stories. Every thing I posted in my post above has a story behind it. They are all funny as hell. I could probably write a book and sell millions. One thing I can always say about going out with the mafia is your always gonna have a good time. Because they take nothing seriously, NOTHING.

Mafia style.

IMG_3814.jpg

We were on a trail out in Whee. I was riding shotgun with Chuck in his 60. Half way down the trail we come to a rutted out section of the trail. Chuck proceeds to get stuck. I noticed the front wheels were not moving and looked down at the T-case lever which was in 2wd. I tell Chuck we are in two wheel drive. He proceeds to tell me shift it into 4wd and hold the stick. I said what. He said again to hold the stick cause it will pop out into neutral. I kid you not the next two miles I didn't get to enjoy the scenery I instead was crouched over holding the lever in gear. Then the engine started dying. I told Chuck it sounded as if there was an issue as it would die at idle so he had to keep his foot on the gas the whole time. He said he could fix it. So he opened the hood and emeidatly started putting vaccum hoses bach on their fittings. I asked him how he knew what it was. He stated it does it all the time. So I kid you not at least 3 times we got out and put them back on. AT the last stop I asked him what was causing them to pop off. He didn't know but knew how to fix it. I asked him if his motor mounts were broken. He said he had no idea. Told him to leave the hood open and put one foot on the brake and let out the clutch. I kid you not that 2f alwast leaped out of the engine bay. So basically he had broken the motor mounts which were causing the engine to rip all the vaccum hoses off and knock the t-case in neautral.

LOL - I was there. That was my first UC trip. I gave Chuck a couple of zip ties and pipe clamps to try and keep all his hoses connected!

MAFIA-STYLE!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom