New '99 100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

chatt100

SILVER Star
Threads
Hello everyone, I'm a former Tacoma owner however I lost a fight with a telephone pole. I was looking for something a little bigger and with more seating. I ended up getting a '99 100. Only 2 previous owners and they took pretty good care of it. The dealer I bought it from was selling it for one of his customers and they changed the timing belt, all the fluids, and filters. It had 140,000 miles on it and cost $11,000. Thought the price was reasonable given how well its been kept. Been lurking for a couple of months now and have learned a lot. Done some simple cheap mods. When I have the money larger upgrades will come. Heres some pics of the old taco ('97) and the new 100

DSC_1504.jpg

IMGP0698.jpg

IMG959942.jpg

Mods so far

Removed ugly fender flares (got most of the glue off but it still needs to be buffed and probably given the once over with a clay bar, any tips appreciated)
Extra storage cubby in center console
Removed Fenders
Put on front mud flaps (just universal cheap ones)
Painted Grill with plasti-dip

Planned Mods

Remove gold lettering on back and throw away all except Toyota Emblem which I plan on painting black or plasti-dip
Paint trim - not sure on what color (any suggestions appreciated)

Short Wishlist

New tires - Thinking 285/75/16
Yakima Roof Rack
Sleep system/drawer system (still drawing up plans)

Pics of the 100 to come this evening waiting for them to upload and I have to run for a bit

Right after purchase

PHOTO_20130201_083431.jpg

Flares and Running Boards Removed

20130515_131156.jpg

20130515_131223.jpg

20130515_131209.jpg

20130515_131301.jpg

Welcome! That is a pretty good price. Very similar to what I paid for my latest 2000 w/ 168k miles.

Go with 295/75/16 so you don't have any regrets. I installed 285s with 1.5" lift trying to go the moderate route. Then regretted not going with the 2.5" lift and 295s after the first trip.

Congrats on the purchase and Welcome!

Good lookin' rig and looks like you got a good deal too!

Hello,
That is an outstanding price on an excellent looking rig. I would make a habit out of parking away from crowded places with the flares removed.
Best,
Jack

Thanks, any suggestions on a good trim color. I was thinking about plasti-dipping it but am not sure because the body is black

Think I forgot to mention I have the center and rear diff and would love to find somewhere I can learn about diff locks and when to use then efficitevely

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom