New 80's member (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ROD! said:
Dam right i have the best daddy!!!! as we all know my first car is the bomb.....and i am extremely lucky to have it...and just to let you all know i do listen to my father.......when he is waving my allowance in my face......

At least you know it. I'm in the catagory of my parents never buying me a car... but I still have my 80 now and that works for me! My first car was a 82 Subaru wagon... that I got for $600.

Ken, are you worried that an 80 is to much for a 16yr old?? The reason I ask is because I would love to get an 80 for my kids when they reach driving age but my wife says its to much rig for an inexperienced driver for the following reasons(handling issues, room issues so they will carry alot of friends with them)

Biff said:
Ken, are you worried that an 80 is to much for a 16yr old?? The reason I ask is because I would love to get an 80 for my kids when they reach driving age but my wife says its to much rig for an inexperienced driver for the following reasons(handling issues, room issues so they will carry alot of friends with them)

She drove mine about 40% of the time in Moab (with her Permit). She drove a lot on the highway there and back.

The 80 is really safe for our kids, specially with a lot of armor. Sarah feels real comfortable with it, but Rachel thought it was too big (thus the 4runner). A lot depends on the kid.

I got my 80 after a year of driving and really, I would rather be in a wreck with something as big, slow and heavy as an 80 than any of my previous cars. Think of it as a Rhino. Its big, heavy, and slow, but when it wants to use its power, it uses it. Not to forget about the super tough skin it has.

(Man, that was a REALLY good analogy!)

A lot DOES depend on the driver. Both my kids, daughter now 18 and son 16 do not like driving the 80. Both prefer my daughters small Scion Xa.

Lots of professionals and gov't traffic safety dept. from my research said that large cars are not for newbie drivers. They are too big and harder to handle, park, stop, etc. Newbie drivers aren't as adept at where the boundries of the car are as more experienced drivers are. Lots of parents I talked with that had been through teenage drivers said the same thing as you - lots of armour has got to be better to protect my kid in case of an accident. Seems contridictory to what the pros say. Kids are more prone to accidents with larger vehicles..

I've left it to the kids and what they are comfortable and confident driving. Son wants to take his driving test in the smaller Scion before daughter heads off to college.

I'd have been very happy as you are if the kids had liked driving the cruiser.

Both your daughters are very lucky, and have probably worked hard to deserve what they are getting no doubt! :D

Romer said:
She drove mine about 40% of the time in Moab (with her Permit). She drove a lot on the highway there and back.

The 80 is really safe for our kids, specially with a lot of armor. Sarah feels real comfortable with it, but Rachel thought it was too big (thus the 4runner). A lot depends on the kid.

Very nice. I have two good looking boys, 18 and 16. Ever been to Ohio?

drsales said:
Very nice. I have two good looking boys, 18 and 16. Ever been to Ohio?

No I am not fixing my daughters up.:eek:

Ohio, thats were the rivers burn at night, right?

cruiser88 said:
in cleveland
That's where they throw Turkeys out of Planes for Radio stunts.

" I didn't know turkey's couldn't fly"

If you don't know what I'm talking about, I gues I am just showing my age.:D

a huge congrats to ROD

:D

Excellent choice in color Ken...combined with yours, you guys have the same color LX 450s as we do at our home. :D

NorCalDoug said:
a huge congrats to ROD

:D

Excellent choice in color Ken...combined with yours, you guys have the same color LX 450s as we do at our home. :D

Well you know, it's all about keeping up with the Johnson's

Thanks Doug - Next Moab should be great with the ROmer caravan. Maybe we can talk moma Romer into coming:D

bumper

OO we got the bumper.....i had to pay for part of it too!!! rats......and the grandparents forkedover my early hanuaka present for sliders! so i should be pretty well set! ...i'm so spoiled........i love it

Congrats.......

You are both two lucky girls with a great father.

Nice job Romer, buddy, pal, friend...dad... :D

Do you have a plan for when a date for one of your daughters comes over and says "Hey Sir, that's a nice Explorer you got out there!" ? :D

Can't wait to see who calls her 'HotRod' in front of Dad ... :eek: ... well I wanna see the gubfest that ensues actually. Poor boy won't see what hit him! :ban:

Nice Job Romer/Rod! Awesome wheels to have at your age!!!

:beer: :beer:

TY

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom