New 80 Series Owner??? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings all, long time lurker first time poster. I have been searching for a rig that is solid but a little rough around the edges. I need a vehicle that I can drive to regardless of the amount of snow or ice on the ground. I also want a rig that I can drive to the trails and ride with my friends. After months of searching I think I may have found my first LC.

I have found a 94LC with 156,000 with factory lockers. The current owner painted the rig with raptor liner. From what I can gather the vehicle needs a new (or rebuild) of the front locker actuator, has a small rust spot on the driver side fender, and it needs a few other odds and ends.

It has new brakes, power steering pump, IROKs (with matching spare), Warn 8274 winch, and jump seats.

Seller is asking $4500. Good deal or no? He is almost 5 hours away.

Sorry the pictures are not the best but that is all I have.

Yes. Buy it.

that is a guy who winches.

Seems good! That is potentially an expensive winch! How's the undercarriage? Any rust??

The frame actually looks really good especially since it’s coming from north of the Mason Dixon line.

I figure the tires and winch alone were $3000

The frame actually looks really good especially since it’s coming from north of the Mason Dixon line.

I figure the tires and winch alone were $3000

Agreed! Now join the club!

Looks like an older 8274 with a newer solenoid pack...but if in good working condition is easily worth $750.00 by itself. Factory lockers are always desirable. The mileage (if accurate) is low for that year model. All in all...I'd say it won't last too long on the market, I would definitely want to go look at it. Hopefully the interior is at least decent.

Update for everyone. I had some family events come up was unable to get away. I regretted it everyday. The seller decided to trade for a diesel truck. After some continuous searching I saw the same vehicle pop up again. The individual who traded away the pickup was not selling the land cruiser. He has a 50 mile commute and state the cruiser was too expensive to serve as a daily. Is this destiny or is the selling trying to unload a money pit?

I have been researching purchasing an 80 for several months now and have found tons of great information on this site. Can you experts pick up on anything from the video of it running?

Looks pretty solid to me. Obviously has been used for wheeling, youll probably spend 20 hrs cleaning that engine bay and interior or just use it as is.

I’ll go against the crowd here and say it wasn’t worth it.

-Rust on body panels.
-Body covered in liner which is hiding who knows what. (Prob more rust)
-Front locker not functioning.
-rear locker probably going soon after.
-interior looks pretty ragged.
-definitely wheeled hard and probably put away wet.

I’d much rather have a 200k mi, non-locked ,rust free example with maintence history for 5-6k

Valid argument but then youre likely dealing with someone who doesnt know what a drain plug is and owns more SAE than metric sockets to "work" on their "overlander".

i would buy it for what it is for about 4k,lots of unknown's,but what you do know is it has been wheeled,so your not buying a low mileage creampuff that will make you upset on the 1st dent you get.lots of potential

Thanks for the info all. I did a little digging and purchased a CarFax report. Turns out the vehicle has had 10 previous owners. There were also a couple of flags on the report where there were some discrepancies in the mileage. Not sure if the cluster was replaced but reported milage got lower as time went on.
This combined with the fact the seller is unloading the vehicle from having it only 3 weeks make me extremely cautious. I will continue my search.

...but reported mileage got lower as time went on.

My kind of vehicle :D...

Probably a wise decision to pass. Someone trying to unload a vehicle so soon after purchasing it would make me nervous as well.

Is that rust around the fender?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom