New 80 owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
HI everyone and greetings from the west of Ireland. New to the group and just after buying a ‘95 VXL, an upgrade from my other weekend toy, a Mk1 pajero. She hasn’t really been on the road since 2009 but stuck in a couple of batteries and fired up straight away. Lots of bits and pieces to be attended to over the coming months. Electrical gremlins, acsd leaking diesel, exhaust rotten, but main concern is the auto box. Seems to be slipping a bit, constantly changing from 3rd to 4th unless you’re very gentle on the gas but changing gears ok. Hopefully fluid and filter change plus a bit of driving might do the trick. Any and all advice welcome. I’ll be needing your expertise to get her ship shape !!
E6796BBC-8AC3-4F0E-8C82-2D392E44D9D8.jpeg

Welcome! That’s a very clean looking 80. What are your plans for it?

Welcome! That’s a very clean looking 80. What are your plans for it?
Ya, it’s not in bad shape at all and should clean up nicely. Going to get it running properly first, give it a full service and then look at upgrading suspension. All depends on how much that eats up. If a service sorts the tranny, great but if it need more serious work might have to wait a while before doing too much

Certainly helps if you’re handy with a wrench as parts and labour are crazy these days. Also look for used stuff for upgrades. Prices are likely high since Covid but about 6 years ago, I made a major score with a used Slee rear bumper c/w tire carrier, spare fender & door, and Long Ranger fuel tank. A buddy also gave me an ARB front bumper off a HDJ81 for helping him carve it up for scrap steel.

I’m not too bad with a wrench. My old fella was a local diesel God until he retired so will be calling on his help. Parts are gone seriously expensive but I bought it at good value so willing to spend a few quid. This could be a long project but no panic with it 😄

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom