New 80 Owner in PA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have always wanted a Cruiser, and a good friend gifted me a nice Collector's Edition 1997 80 series. Currently in Pennsylvania, but up and down the east coast frequently. My daily driver right now is an 03 Tacoma with the OME heavy lift, ARB front and Shrockwors rear bumpers. I took this truck to Mozambique and South Africa for a year and it made it out alive!

Excited to wrench on the 80. Need a few things to get moving, as of now, a fuel pump bracket and related parts!

Joe

Welcome to MUD
Now get your wallet ready 🤣

Day one of my deep dive to get her running-

-Wanted to start after fogging the cylinders and a couple shots of starting fluid. would catch for a couple seconds. Relay is good, pulled the fuel line at the union right there by the relay. No fuel. Pulled the pump assembly, it's toast. Sending unit too. Truck sat for 3 years, you can tell the condensation led to a lot of corrosion. Pre filter or what I think Toyota calls the fuel pump screen has completely disintegrated. Replacing the entire assembly with something used if I can find it in a day or so, otherwise factory new parts when I get back from a business trip.

-Noticed a small drip. Truck has an aftermarket trans oil cooler. One of the steel lines was abrading against a screw head from an adjacent hose clamp. The clamp wore a hole in it, and when I went to inspect it the line further cracked. Will replace all lines and better secure the cooler and lines.

Day one of my deep dive to get her running-

-Wanted to start after fogging the cylinders and a couple shots of starting fluid. would catch for a couple seconds. Relay is good, pulled the fuel line at the union right there by the relay. No fuel. Pulled the pump assembly, it's toast. Sending unit too. Truck sat for 3 years, you can tell the condensation led to a lot of corrosion. Pre filter or what I think Toyota calls the fuel pump screen has completely disintegrated. Replacing the entire assembly with something used if I can find it in a day or so, otherwise factory new parts when I get back from a business trip.

-Noticed a small drip. Truck has an aftermarket trans oil cooler. One of the steel lines was abrading against a screw head from an adjacent hose clamp. The clamp wore a hole in it, and when I went to inspect it the line further cracked. Will replace all lines and better secure the cooler and lines.
A good used parts source is @slow95z here on mud
Something like the fuel pump and associated parts I would go new OEM 😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom