New 80 owner here (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everybody, im a fellow FJ40 owner, just bought a 1996 FZJ80. Always wanted one and dont know why i have waited so long to just drive one. As soon as i sat in the drivers seat i knew it was perfect.

It is stock other than some BFG ATs 285/75-16s. 150k miles, one owner was a toyota tech. Runs perfect but seems to have the typical turbo whine, cant seem to locate where it is coming from.

anyways, this is my Daily Driver and will be my weekend wheeler since the fj40 is going to get parked and rebuilt slowly. Future plans are an ARB bumper, OME lift (cant decide on J lift or medium duty, i want at least 3" lift) Ipor sliders and swing out rear bumper. Some day i will get to ARB lockers, and 35s. But on a college budget for now.

also when i get some extra time, planning to make a trip out to CO and UTAH, i am originally from Boulder CO but havnt been there since i was 2 years old. Kinda funny the 80 was originally from Boulder and moved down to Florida.
4555.JPG

my dog Mya took her first ride in the 80 and didnt want to get out
photo22.JPG
photo23.JPG

welcome to 80's world!! You will never look back.

nice pair. :D

With what you want to add to the truck you will want the J's if you want 3".

My turbo whine was laky exhaust, crack at the muffler

Welcome

nice rig

on the turbo whine check your belts. If they are cogged then thats were your noice is comming from. Get them from toyota no aftermarket.

Welcome,have fun,join a club for help in your area. Mike

Nice looking rigs!! 40 looks pretty serious and quite at home in Murphy....if we can get the trails opened again. Hit up the ONSC if your back towards NC and the local florida chapter around tampa for some local cruiserheads.
X2 on at least the J's if you go OME but the Frankies would be worth a close look and probably my choice

What Romer said - do the lift once and do it right. If you're looking to add the armor front sides and rear, OME mediums will not be enough for you in the long run.

Hmmm...college budget with both a 40 and an 80 - nice! I owned a hand me down '72 Chevy Camero in college ('75-'79 to put the college years in perspective to the car.

Fortunately I scored a good paying job throughout high school. Been there 4 years and running an eBay store

... and running an eBay store

Selling Roarunner stuff (avatar and tat) ? ;)

You willing to have a nice long chat with my lazy ass son about work ethic?

Harley parts. The tat is my hotrod side, built many cars

Work ethic? Well I believe in working hard to earn everything. Kinda strange for 21 year old to say that but I watched 2 Older brothers grow up the opposite. Figured if I wanted toys like everybody else I had to work for them

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom