New 80 guy here...wife got a 100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well I had not spent much time here but have a feeling that is going to change.....just got my wife a 100 yesterday. We had a Sequoia and were pretty happy with it but we just wanted something different. We sold it and looked at several 100's, as luck would have it, the oldest one we looked at was by far the nicest and best taken care of. Here are a few pictures, she is already giving me C**P becasue she has a rear locker and I don't.....this may not have been a good move.

IMG_1362.jpg

IMG_1364.jpg

My old beat up "unlocked" 80 and her new (to us) 100..

IMG_1365.jpg

We bought the 100 from West Side Honda in Knoxville, Tn and I really need to give John a very big "thank you" for helping us out. He is a member on MUD and a true LC nut. His decked out 80 was parked right in front of this one when we got there. I am almost certain we would not have reached a deal unless he had been there and been the GM.....thanks so much. My wife loves it and it drives 100X better than the Seq. with half the miles and 6 years newer, no comparison at all!!

I sure I will be asking dumb questions here before long.

Curt

looks sweet. what year is it? no rear wing, no running boards and already has front mud flaps.

Sorry it's a '98 with 156K on the clock. I am still amazed how clean the truck is inside, outside and mainly underneath. The flaps and no running boards look like they were always that way. I have already crawled all under it looking to see if they had been removed at some point. I think she will want a set put on....:bang:
Something about skirts/flashing people, I really don't see the problem...

Curt

Welcome to 100-land Curt! First of all, put a pair of Air Lockers in that 80 so you can have your Man Card back... :p

You're going to love the 100. I was skeptical at first with ours, having come from a pair of 80s and loving them (still do, actually), but for most of our family uses, it really is the superior truck. And aftermarket support is growing quickly, if you want to go that route.

Rest assured it will be de-blinged very soon, hopefully this coming weekend, my 80 had the "gold" package too and I hated it. It is definately a smoother, more refined truck than mine but I don't think I will be getting rid of mine anytime soon. The 100 is too nice for me to wheel just yet, maybe it will be a hand me down in a few years...

I am amazed at the difference between my 80 & her 100. The difference the V8 makes is a huge step forward. I will continue to "suffer" through with my old 80 for now though.

Curt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom