"New" 80 at the pick and pull!! What should I possibly grab?! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There is still a LOT left!

Many brown interior pieces are either NLA or are heading that way.
- all the oh sh!t handles (including plugs that cover the hdwr)
- all interior plastic trim pieces (including big rear side panels)
- front console light and rear view mirror
- all door latches, actuators, connecting hardware, outside door handles, and rear door cards
- any electronic "brains" (ECU, HVAC, lockers, etc)
- all glass including sunroof

Things that can be rebuilt, or are just nice to have on a shelf for a spare.
- steering gear and PS pump
- MAF
- airbox
- cruise control motor
- throttle body
- ABS pump
- wiper washer reservoir (IIRC the US style reservoir (large w single pump hole) is NLA)
- wiper motor and linkage
- axles and diffs

Don't bother with the sunroof trim. It will shatter as soon as you touch it. The post below is how I solved that problem.
Sunroof interior trim is broken and ratteling....Any good fixes? - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/sunroof-interior-trim-is-broken-and-ratteling-any-good-fixes.1249364/post-13793893

Don't forget the stereo knob for @devo :)

Last edited:
There is still a LOT left!

Many brown interior pieces are either NLA or are heading that way.
- all the oh sh!t handles (including plugs that cover the hdwr)
- all interior plastic trim pieces (including big rear side panels)
- front console light and rear view mirror
- all door latches, actuators, connecting hardware, outside door handles, and rear door cards
- any electronic "brains" (ECU, HVAC, lockers, etc)

Things that can be rebuilt, or are just nice to have on a shelf for a spare.
- steering gear and PS pump
- MAF
- airbox
- cruise control motor
- throttle body
- ABS pump
- wiper washer reservoir (IIRC the US style reservoir (large w single pump hole) is NLA)
- wiper motor and linkage
- axles and diffs

Don't bother with the sunroof trim. It will shatter as soon as you touch it. The post below is how I solved that problem.
Sunroof interior trim is broken and ratteling....Any good fixes? - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/sunroof-interior-trim-is-broken-and-ratteling-any-good-fixes.1249364/post-13793893

Don't forget the stereo knob for @devo :)

Thank you!!!

did anyone say visors? Or third row seats? :rofl:

MAF for sure and those air intake hoses if it isn't cracked can sell for a decent amount
I'd probably grab the valve cover also

lx.JPG

found these if anyone is in those areas

The last good self-service wrecker in my area closed earlier this year 😢. With the price of land here in Sydney, they sold the lot for more than they'd make in the next 50 years of operating the yard. Raid these places while they exist guys.

@UsedLuxury what salvage yard search site is that?

@devo I got the entire radio in case I want to take it back to stock giving you the knob makes it worthless! But I’m not a dick you asked and you can have it brother….

@FMC80 I’ll get those belts for you doll face don’t you worry!

Alright here is where I’m at, trying to see if I can get my mechanic down there with me but not sure yet. Barring that I’m not going to be able to do axles, transfer case, steering box (which I really want) or really anything intricately mechanical.

So I’m going to pick off just about everything trim/interior I can get as well as the entire air box, wiper motor and valve cover. Would love to get the windshield but don’t think I can handle that one. Also I was thinking to just take the entire doors they’re not exactly expensive, easier than picking all the parts off of them. Might also attempt the rear sliding windows. Seat motors also but I don’t know about the whole seat, drivers one is bad of course but the passenger is okay, are they worth it? I have a new set for my truck ready to go in and my old seats aren’t so bad….do i need two extra sets or is it just because they’re valuable even when not in great shape? What do you guys think of all that?

What else is easy I missed?

Love you fellow degenerates thank you!

Last edited:
Francis you ol’ bastard. You are too kind sir.

Grab everything you can from the engine. Valve covers go for like $100-125 on the used market.

If you can grab the windows, those are easy and people always need them. Me included. I’ll pm you for proper compensation for your time, energy, and effort.

Help my half banana ass out here, where is the cruise control module crap thingys I need to take out?

Help my half banana ass out here, where is the cruise control module crap thingys I need to take out?
I have no f'n clue! I'm .0001 banana. Get a razor blade and shave some banana and that's me

Inside RF fender well near wiper motor. Black plastic cover just pops off. Grab cable to throttle body too.

7817BAF7-64E4-42F0-A9AF-2A7FAE5A65BB.jpeg
EC804BE6-4482-4D31-94F5-E7D69B915739.jpeg

Pull the head!

Oh, and the short block!

Damn vultures........

Pull the head!

Oh, and the short block!

Damn vultures........

I wish I could, I was thinking to ask them the mileage and if they could pull it for me. I would just pick it up on a pallet and store it in my warehouse. But who says they would give a s*** pulling it out and just trashed it, I wouldn’t know if they did. Is that a thing?

I wish I could, I was thinking to ask them the mileage and if they could pull it for me. I would just pick it up on a pallet and store it in my warehouse. But who says they would give a s*** pulling it out and just trashed it, I wouldn’t know if they did. Is that a thing?
How hard of a front hit did this have?

If it was hard, I wouldn't want any engine parts except the peripherals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom