New 62 Owner Saying Hi

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MicahMan

TLCA 20925
Threads
Hi everyone,
I'm MicahMan been on the forum a long time and have a 40 series that I've rebuilt and loved. Still have it but I needed a kid friendly hauler to still do some decent offroading! So a club member had a 62 for sale and I snagged it.

Pretty clean a little rust needs some mitigation but other than that I'm stoked!

Lift is this month and probably roof rack and bumpers. But nothing extreme.

Any advise and tips are welcome!
IMG_9174.jpg
IMG_9167.jpg
IMG_9165.jpg

IMG_9174.jpg

IMG_9167.jpg

IMG_9165.jpg

Welcome to the sixties!

Hey Micah,
Good looking truck. That front drivers seat looks mint!

I like the color too! haha

Look up slcfj62. His name is Erik and he has figured out quite a bit about these 62's and shouldn't be far from you.

I also have the same cruiser. what lift are you going with? How many miles are on it? What other plans do you have for it?

James

good looking truck :)

great looking truck!

Keep that stock front bumper handy if you think you ever want to go back to stock. It's a rare thing in that condition!

Thanks everyone this is a mint truck spotless inside but it does have 280 on the clock. Lift will be ome from Kurt at cruiser outfitters. Bumpers arb but I'll keep the stock ones as they are nice

posted on the go

Congrats Micah, really glad to see that went to a good home. As you know she was mine for a minute or two a few years back. Was stoked Darren was able to put it to use, just as I am that it now belongs to you :cool:

Congrats Micah, really glad to see that went to a good home. As you know she was mine for a minute or two a few years back. Was stoked Darren was able to put it to use, just as I am that it now belongs to you :cool:

Kurt you rock as always I'll call tomorrow about putting lift and discussing racks and rtts.

posted on the go

So I have a hiccup the 62 tan great for a week but now won't start. It won't even turn over. Tried to jump it and no change. I think it might be the starter. Not sure.
Advice or tips would be great

posted on the go

So I have a hiccup the 62 tan great for a week but now won't start. It won't even turn over. Tried to jump it and no change. I think it might be the starter. Not sure.
Advice or tips would be great

posted on the go

Ah, the whole thing is probably fried. I'll give you $500 for it ;)

I feel like an idiot but there was a wire that had fallen off of the starter and this goes to the solenoid I wish I would have seen it it works fine now

posted on the go

Progress

So its been a while since I had the Six Duece in my hands. I had my mechanic go through it with some maintenance. All new belts, tune up new plugs, flush all fluids.
Rebuild knuckles valve cover gaskets, side cover, and brakes all around.

Running smooth and its going great! I decided to tackle a couple cosmetic mods.
The previous owner had a spare handle for the passenger side. Bolted right up the threaded nut was already behind the fabric. Super easy.

Then I installed some HID's that he also was given. Install was very slick and basic.

IMAG0019_zps61c4eeda.jpg

While getting into the lights the grill pretty much was off. So I decided to paint it. I figured why not.

IMAG0020_zps4d71c38c.jpg

The wife also showing off her afternoon project.

IMAG0028_zps7de2de4d.jpg

I'm planning on doing a few other things black to set it off!

IMAG0023_zps6090dc77.jpg

Having fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom