New 60..PO called and dropped off engine overhaul reciepts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.w2m.com
New for me 81 FJ60, If you didn't read about it in chat...

Guy had a complete engine overhaul 20K ago by a place called metric motors on loveland co.

Anyway, he dropped by my house and handed me the reciepts from the overhaul....quite extensive..Included a new head, cam etc..

Anyhow,
anyone interested in seeing the build list...all toyota part #'s....I can scan it.

Cost... 6,100.oo...:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

Last edited:
razor,

what happened to this 60? very nice

113.jpg

sold that beast.......thing was awesome, just very impractical for us at the time.

career change and all........that thing got under 10 miles per gallon and ran only on Premium........slowest cruiser I have ever driven....

My new 81 60 would kick its as up the passes here in Co..

Lot a bling in that cruiser...but very cool options, IE lockers, OME lift (boat feel) kicker stereo, exhaust, sliders, airbox..well @&@&@&@& the list goes on............anyhow, it went to a rich kid in michigan..west side.

He paid for the head gasket twice.

That was an extremely comprehensive rebuild--to include some ancillaries too. Not just valves, rings & bearings. If Metric did good work, you've got a new engine.:)

I'd say better than new.

You said that the cam is a performance one? I bet that it made a difference.

Good Game.

:beer:

Razor said:
New for me 81 FJ60, If you didn't read about it in chat...

Guy had a complete engine overhaul 20K ago by a place called metric motors on loveland co.

Anyway, he dropped by my house and handed me the reciepts from the overhaul....quite extensive..Included a new head, cam etc..

Anyhow,
anyone interested in seeing the build list...all toyota part #'s....I can scan it.

Cost... 6,100.oo...:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

o dam, well the PO of my 40 payed $6,000 in 2003 i think, to have the motor rebuilt, it only lasted me 20,000 miles!! they didnt tighten the wrist pins down, check otu what happened.

umui.jpg

sdehg2.jpg

sdehg.jpg

so what did we all learn, dont go to Wimberly 4x4!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom