New 60 for the Stable (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

AJAEbj42

Gathering Speed....
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.ajae.ca
So I had the privilege to purchase this beauty-blue BJ60 over the weekend.

For those of you who have been in the club a long time, you may recognize this as belonging to Charles who passed away unexpectedly a few years ago. His son is moving out of town for work and offered to sell it to me.

This truck has travelled 1.6million km's, owned by Charles since 1986 and has been on 3 continents. I think the dash and odometer and interior are original, but frame, body, and driveline are not. It needs some mechanical love which I look forward to getting into over the winter.

It's a later model 3B (I think? It has a 1HD-T style valve cover) with a turbo and rotary injection pump. I'll have to read up on Charles' old build threads to find out more.

Charle's son has right-of-first-refusal and is able to buy it back from me when his situation allows for it, but until then, I'll enjoy working on it and driving it!

20211031_171820.jpg

Current care-taker, good job Rob!

I always wondered what happend to his landcrusier. Charles and his wife where very nice people. He brought me back a few parts from south america. The last time i saw him was when i gave him 50 or 60 bundles of 30 year roofing shingles i think for his daughter up in the interior of BC. I think ,anyways we stuffed all the bundles into that 60 series it was crazy i though the springs where going to break. But off hw went no isses what so ever but man that 60 was loaded heavy it was awesome. Cheers to a good home. I Love that old 60 ,,, the storys it could tell

had wondered if that 60 made it out of africa. a lot of history. always enjoyed the write ups that charles had. hope the 60 serves you well and has many adventures to come

Reactions: kim
Update! The Wirrell Wagon is back on the road!
I’ve been reviving this beauty in my spare time and it’s been a lot of fun and some head scratching too.

My goal is to ‘repair to factory’ as best I can.

So far Ive
- removed a ton of non factory wiring, switches, old cb’s and other mystery electronics hidden behind panels and such.
- new alternator
- disconnected super glow and installled Wilson switch
- tightened up throttle linkage
- seafoamed through the fuel filter
- more sea foam lol
- removed turbo as manifold was cracked (turbo is spoken for)
- new belts
- installed factory radio
- mech oil pressure gauge (excellent pressure at idle)
- new ebrake cable as I snapped the old one!
- new rear drums and complete brake service. She stops pretty good now.
- new intake
- a good clean!

Next
- needs shocks badly lol. She’s definitely a wobbly wagon going down the road
- connect the snorkel
- compression test the 3BII engine

-

IMG_0672.jpeg

IMG_0674.jpeg

IMG_0677.jpeg

IMG_0676.jpeg

IMG_0678.jpeg