New 60 carpet for sale! January 2, 2023 UPDATE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

To all previous customers (who have not yet installed their carpet) and to all new customers, I wanted to let you know I am now offering - included with your order - a comprehensive installation guide for the 60/62 carpet sets. I should have sat down and written this up long ago, but with some extra time on my hands, and with the observation that no other seller provides guidance of any kind, I decided to go ahead and do it.

Some of you have related to me that you are/were intimidated by the thought of installing this carpet, but you'd actually be surprised at how straightforward it is. Yes, you have better results when you're slow and deliberate, but with the guide I now have available, it's a very doable job. Anyway, I just wanted to mention this additional perk I now have for my customers.

Thanks again to the hundreds of past customers and to the new ones who come along every day. This carpet is transformative to your truck's interior, and I'm around 95% of the time for support.

dnp

Last edited:
Could ANYBODY please enlighten me as to how they did the T-Case part of the front section. The foam underneath is making it impossible to get the bolts through the holes I made with my pick
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I may be doing this wrong but I do not lay the metal band above the carpet. That goes below on the ones I’ve done and do
622D8E8E-8297-476B-88E7-8B4A4ED095E7.jpeg
not experience the issues you’re having. I did run into the same thing on my first install, so I just started doing it this way

Could ANYBODY please enlighten me as to how they did the T-Case part of the front section. The foam underneath is making it impossible to get the bolts through the holes I made with my pick View attachment 2782769

View attachment 2782770

View attachment 2782771

I may be doing this wrong but I do not lay the metal band above the carpet. That goes below on the ones I’ve done and do View attachment 2782778not experience the issues you’re having. I did run into the same thing on my first install, so I just started doing it this way
Just saw these posts. Ben, sorry I didn't catch you before now (just saw your PM from this morning and sent you a copy of the install guide about an hour ago). The shifter boots can be installed either way, but the "correct" way to do it (as it came from the factory) is how CenTX mentioned: the metal retainer ring should be below the carpet.

The front carpet can be installed with the shifters in place, but it's an order of magnitude easier to do it with them out of the truck. That way, the place to cut the holes can be easily located / cut. Then, the carpet is removed, the shifters and boots are reinstalled / bolted down, and the carpet is intalled after they're back in. It just makes for a more precise / quicker install, and you're not having to fool with reinstalling the shifter boots with the carpet already in (ask me how I know - I feel your pain. It took me about as long to bolt the shifter boots in as it did for me to install the carpet. That being said, if you prefer to have the metal ring on top, you can also thread in some bolts from below and use them as studs to bolt the boots down with nuts. MUCH easier than trying to find the bolt holes under the carpet!)

I may be doing this wrong but I do not lay the metal band above the carpet. That goes below on the ones I’ve done and do View attachment 2782778not experience the issues you’re having. I did run into the same thing on my first install, so I just started doing it this way
I'm under the impression that the metal bands for the shifters are supposed to fit underneath the carpet while the carpet opening is snug inside the lowest "recess" of the rubber boots. Is this how you've also done it?

I'm under the impression that the metal bands for the shifters are supposed to fit underneath the carpet while the carpet opening is snug inside the lowest "recess" of the rubber boots. Is this how you've also done it?
Yes sir. Spot on. I e had the best luck doing it this way

@dnp - love your carpet kits. I sent you a PM about needing a replacement front row (driver/pass). I fudged mine up around the shifter and would love to get a replacement. Just let me know what you need from me in terms of payment.

Thanks again for your awesome reproduction!

Hey @dnp I've got a curve ball for you! My 62 (an '88) has an H55F, I've removed the roadside tool kit and floor tab for its cover panel (so don't need the indent into the cargo carpet and mat), AND, I've put rear shoulder belts in (not sure if that makes any difference in the carpeted wheel well covers or not). If I remember right you told me in another thread that I would need late 60 front & rear passenger carpet, and early 60 cargo carpet for the cargo area. Is this correct?

If having shoulder belts makes any difference in the wheel well covers, would I be correct in assuming that I would need 89/90 FJ62 covers?

Hoping I can get a set ordered at tax time so that I have it ready to go once my truck is ready for new carpet.

Hey @dnp I've got a curve ball for you! My 62 (an '88) has an H55F, I've removed the roadside tool kit and floor tab for its cover panel (so don't need the indent into the cargo carpet and mat), AND, I've put rear shoulder belts in (not sure if that makes any difference in the carpeted wheel well covers or not). If I remember right you told me in another thread that I would need late 60 front & rear passenger carpet, and early 60 cargo carpet for the cargo area. Is this correct?

If having shoulder belts makes any difference in the wheel well covers, would I be correct in assuming that I would need 89/90 FJ62 covers?

Hoping I can get a set ordered at tax time so that I have it ready to go once my truck is ready for new carpet.
Hmmmmmm. I'll have to look into that for you. The trick will be getting a late floor kit with no cutout for the tool kit door. The shoulder belts shouldn't cause an issue because there's enough material on the wheel well covers to accommodate whatever setup you have there.

What can be done for sure is to install the late floor carpet set and an early floor cargo mat. That would cover everything; however, if you're not wanting a mat, that wouldn't solve the issue. Let me check into that to see what can be done.

Thanks,
David

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom