New 60 carpet for sale! January 2, 2023 UPDATE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Whoa, whoa, whoa! What the......? Why get online and blast a product without first asking the person who's offering it what's going on? I probably should have cooled down before responding, but I think there may be value in expressing my frustration. Ever thought of contacting customer service (ME) via PM??????

Now, to address your problem in public, like you chose to vent your disappointment: That heel pad and surging is NOT correct! I have no idea why it went out like that, but since you're well aware each shipped carpet set was drop-shipped from the manufacturer, you're also aware I don't have an opportunity to inspect every set, and I'm just learning about it myself from you bashing it publicly, rather than sending me a PM to check on it. It should be abundantly clear from the first part of this thread that the whole purpose of this carpet effort was to provide carpet as close as possible to OEM. It is intended to be "correct."

The photos I posted that showed the prototype carpet had surging that was virtually the same color as the carpet. That's the way they're supposed to be. Why yours is like it is, I have no idea. But we'll make it right. I can assure you of that.

To those of you who are now concerned that the carpet isn't what I represented, I can assure you that anything not right about the carpet will be straightened out. The two sets I received from the mfr. to check for color accuracy were dead-on. In fact, the following photos are of the grey set I received last Tuesday. I think it looks pretty damn good if you ask me!.........

View attachment 1510967 View attachment 1510968 View attachment 1510969
View attachment 1510975
It's very hard to overcome bad publicity, so all I can tell you is I stand behind the carpet I rep. If it's not right, we'll make it right. If you're as disappointed as Cruising Canuck, I'll even work with you to get your money back. You can let me know via PM, and I'll do whatever it takes. Period. I've spent a s***load of time and money working on this project, not for any real money gain, but more to help out the Land Cruiser community. Those who know me know I'm trying to offer a very quality product at a crazy good price (Cruising Canuck, the OEM - sans wheelwell carpet - has an MSRP of about $3,200, so you were about 1/2 right in your assessment of value), so I wish this could have been sorted out in private, rather than bashing and claiming misrepresentation.......

If you want carpet, I've got it. If you're now suspect of the whole deal, I understand. You decide........
I usually don't get this worked up, but I've spent WAY more time on this project than I thought I would, only to not have the opportunity to first get something right. Kinda takes the fun out of it........

(EDIT: I've sent out a LOT of carpet in the last 3 weeks, so if ANYONE else ends up with carpet that doesn't look "correct," please send me a PM, because I need to contact the mfr. about it.)

This one's on me. I did not realize it was a mistake. I thought yours was a preproduction version and mine was the final product.

I'll PM and we can worry about it after the weekend.

Well, after reading through the last few threads, my intentions to purchase a new carpet set have changed.

I agree some of this should have been dealt with via pm, but what I've realized now that it's out in the open is that @dnp stands behind his product. I'm now more eager than ever to purchase a carpet set, knowing that there is real customer service that goes along with it.

The carpet set looks ever better now, I don't see any harm done....

On a side note. Is there a way to get a small section to do rear panel and door card carpet? Or is there a spray that I could use.
I have not yet started installing but there is a difference in color.

Mine has the rear tailgate carpet if that is what you are referring to? It even has the vinyl surround on it. Nothing for the door cards, however.

Im refering to rear quater panel covers. Lower section has carpet. Maybe a dye?
Yes, the mfr. offers bulk carpet in whatever color the carpet is ordered. Obviously, it's not pre-cut for the specific panels, and I don't have the knowledge to advise on how it would be installed on those panels, but it is available (even in smaller quantities than a yd.) One member has ordered, and it was $36/yd. + shipping.

I might have missed but was the later 60 carpets completed?
Not yet. We are working on a fast-track method to hopefully make late-floor carpet available much sooner than otherwise it would be. If that doesn't work (hope to know one way or another this week), I'll have to send an FJ62 carcass to the mrf. to have a new mold made.....stay tuned

Thanks,
David

Just catching up on this forum from all the buzz caused by poor judgement from one member. To let everyone know I ordered a brown early set of carpet from David, @dnp. I think I was one of the first to express interest, and after seeing the $50 off sale promoted, I pushed the button. From the beginning David has been super responsive and I was surprised how fast I had a tracking number in my PM inbox. Honesty, I wasn't sure what to expect, and even if no carpet showed up I would only be out $400. However, the carpet set showed up quickly!, on 7/25 I opened it up and I thought the carpet itself was of fantastic quality. I too questioned the edge color and quality. After a few days on 8/2 I sent David a PM, and he immediately responded that this was not correct and he would get it fixed! Again, I was very supposed with the quick response time. Again, if no one responded, I figured oh well... it is only 400, and you ordered by sending "some guy in AL" for $400. David's customer service has been on par with Amazon & Apple! & I am pretty sure he is only 1 guy!

I have received a return label from the manufacture on Friday, and I have now sent back my carpet set. I am in no hurry to install this. I want to share my experience with David here to help in any way I can. Order from David, help make this en devour successful! David is obviously undertaking a lot on this project, I know I would never have time to take this on, so for $400 this is well worth it to me. I can tell he is taking this matter personally. The better this community embraces this project, the more other carpet items may become available! keep that in mind that we are truly a community here, keep the forum flaming for those jeep forums.

Cheers! & Keep on Cruizin!
Mark

Look what JUST arrived. Let's see if I got lucky
IMG_2959.JPG

I have an 87 and interested. Watching...

Not yet. We are working on a fast-track method to hopefully make late-floor carpet available much sooner than otherwise it would be. If that doesn't work (hope to know one way or another this week), I'll have to send an FJ62 carcass to the mrf. to have a new mold made.....stay tuned

Thanks,
David

Ok not a problem, Just keep us posted as you have.

UPDATE:

The mfr. has been VERY responsive on the issue at hand, and my contact fast-tracked through the system a "corrected" version of the brown carpet. He sent me a photo this morning (below), and it shows both what the sewing division used on the incorrect ones they sent out over the last two weeks vs. what they will be sending out going forward. The surging is now the right color, and even though I realize I compared the interior to a photo on my phone, the heel/toe pads look to be the exact color of the dash / door vinyl in my '85 60.

Anyway, I wanted to offer this information for three reasons: (a) a (BIG) mistake was made, but we've gotten it corrected in 3 days following notification, (b) we'll be working immediately with those of you to get your "incorrect" carpet corrected, and (c) the photo below will allow you to see the final product so you can decide if it meets your expectations or not (the grey carpet can also be seen in post #138 above).

Thanks for everyone's patience and a special thanks to @Cruising Canuck for his kind retraction and follow-up PM. I've never done a project like this before, so I'm not sure I was prepared for some of the problems that can arise. However, this is a reputable automotive carpet mfr., and once this issue is resolved and things are back on the right track, I really believe you're going to be impressed with the final product!

David

Good brown carpet.JPG

For what it is worth, IF Toyota still offered this carpet it would cost WAY north of a thousand bucks to buy it.....:)

For what it is worth, IF Toyota still offered this carpet it would cost WAY north of a thousand bucks to buy it.....:)
I looked it up on toyodiy.com, and it looks like the MSRP for all of the OEM carpet - minus the wheel well pieces - added up to a little over $3,200

Received today and a quick unbox in an overheated garage!

20170808_163549.jpg
20170808_163836.jpg
20170808_163937.jpg
20170808_164114.jpg
20170808_164327.jpg

Some very nice thick jute/padding also
20170808_164434.jpg

The real proof will be after fitting of course but overall I am pleased with initial quality and I think it will make a big difference to the feel and appearance of my truck when installed. I just need about 30 less degrees in the garage and then should be good to go on the install

I'm a newbie to all things Land Cruiser (and also to internet forums). I live in north Alabama and I bought my '89 FJ62 about 6 weeks ago locally. The first thing my brother said when he saw it had no carpet was for me to look into a auto carpet manufacturer in Aniston which is about 2 hours away from me. He said that they were very reasonably priced and made exceptionally good aftermarket carpet. I didn't realize until I saw the pic in post 149 that this carpet is manufactured there. I believe that this is a great opportunity and it looks like any problems are being corrected. I'm already on the waiting list for the later floorpan version in grey and can't wait until it's available. Hats off and a big thanks to David. (Also, since I live relatively close, if I can help out with anything just let me know.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom