New 60 carpet for sale! January 2, 2023 UPDATE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any chance wheel wells and rear lower tailgate can be purchased separately?
I've tried to get the mfr. to do that, but they've rejected it. They say the labor involved wouldn't support the price reduction that would be expected. Sorry. Only full sets at the present time......maybe if we get volume up they'll reconsider.

Would it help to put out a pre-order for the later 60 and 62 carpet? I'm willing to pre-order grey '62 carpet if it will help show the manufacturer that there is demand!
Thanks. If this first run of 60 carpet doesn't get their attention (and it's been fairly active), I'm thinking about doing a group-buy so they can see the level of initial interest. So far, there are probably more late-60 and 62 interested parties than early 60.

Interested in the later model floor. I have an FJ62 but it has a H55f swapped in. So I guess I need the later model FJ60 floor?
Yeah, it primarily deals with the seat mounting configuration. All the rest should be the same between the models.

Expand to the 70 Series? :grinpimp::grinpimp::grinpimp:
If we can demonstrate demand...........I'd love to work on a 70 project!

I've got a 1990 FJ62 with a future H55 planned (hopefully), how to order? like Bryan stated?

And did I miss the detail on whether or not the holes for the shifter (manual/auto) are pre cut?
You'd order for a 62. With the exception of the "finished" opening in the carpet for the handbrake, the rest of the carpeted area will be largely uncut (I should know this, but if anything else at all is cut, it will be in an unseen area, like under the console; however, I think the final form only had the handbrake cutout and a small cutout for the stationary portion of the latch under the rear seat). In any event, to answer the main question, the transmission hump will be totally uncut and ready for you to cut holes only in the areas that correspond to your configuration. Yes, that will be a little more work, but it'll allow for a totally custom installation based on your model's floor design.

As I've requested of several buyers so far, I'm asking everyone to respond to me with their impressions of the carpet. I worked really hard with the mfr. to get it as "correct" as possible, and I think they nailed it! As I mentioned in my original roll-out, NO carpet will ever have the budget or be as good as OEM. No one. However, to my eyes, they got the color DEAD ON (haven't seen the final grey yet, but based on the brown they produced, I'm sure they hit that squarely also), and I believe the fit and finish is better than 90% of OEM......all for less than 20% of the cost of OEM (I found all the old part numbers, and if my calculations are correct, this set of carpet - without the wheel well carpet - would have had an MSRP of $3,206!)

Anyway, thanks to all so far, and thanks to those who are waiting on the new product(s). We'll keep on working to help further this great land Cruiser community!

David

Wheel well carpet is sweet - I have an old set of SOR carpeted wheel well covers, and it looks great and seems much more natural than the weak, cheesy vinyl junk that Toyota used from the factory.

Your whole carpeting strategy seems very solid - thanks for doing this.

s***! Any chance i can get in for an early brown set a day late? if so, I'm in. Also is shipping from Jackson, MS? If so, is there any chance I can just pickup locally?
Sorry I'm just now seeing your post.

Unfortunately, the introductory deal from the mfr. is over. The GOOD news is: the price I originally offered is STILL cheap for a complete set! (and with rear wheel wells) As for shipping, it's drop shipped from the mfr. (I hate I didn't know a day sooner, because I had a new set the mfr. had sent me to check color accuracy, and I sold it on the last day for the "sale")

If you can PM me with your complete shipping address, I'll get you a shipped price. Shipping to AR shouldn't be too bad.....again, it won't be but $50 more than last week....but it's still a LOT cheaper than the other carpet out there!

Got mine the other day. Opened it up and oohhhhed and awed over it and boxed it back up. Very nice carpet set. Will be a while before I can get to it since it goes into my sons 60. Excited to see the fit and finish

Got mine the other day. Opened it up and oohhhhed and awed over it and boxed it back up. Very nice carpet set. Will be a while before I can get to it since it goes into my sons 60. Excited to see the fit and finish

Any chance you can open it up again and take some pics? mine is in the mail and I am impatient.

I am of the instant gratification generation

Any chance you can open it up again and take some pics? mine is in the mail and I am impatient.

I am of the instant gratification generation
Certainly. Will be tomorrow before I can get back out there in the shop

Nice to hear that you guys are starting to get your sets. I ordered grey and cant waog to get it. Will most likely be installing as soon as I can.

UPDATE: I received notification today that all remaining carpet sets have been produced! They MAY have been shipped already, but I can't tell for sure, because my dealer page on the website hasn't been updated yet. My account has been debited, so they've charged me for them, I just can't tell where they are in the system. It'll be updated tomorrow, so as soon as I receive tracking information, I will send it out to those of you who are patiently waiting.

Thanks again guys! I hope everyone will respond to me / this forum on their impression of the fit, finish, and color. I'm really confident you're going to like it!

David

Can't wait to get my kit. Please PM shipping/tracking info once you have it so I can plan out free time to work on this. Thanks again!

@dnp

David - verifying this is the correct later format FJ60 floor pan.
DSC_0932.JPG
DSC_0933.JPG

I'm definitely interested in a grey set for a 62. Any idea if that will be produced and what the price would be?

Got my early grey set yesterday. I am very pleased with the fit and finish. The jute backing is added in the right places and the edges are all nicely sewn up where they should be. The grey color is very dark, and is probably correct since mine has faded over the years. I won't be installing it for a while, but the contoured areas look to be a perfect match for the early floor. I did loosely test fit the wheel arch carpet and it is a good fit.

Overall very pleased and glad I got in on the early offering. Thanks for making this happen @dnp

Got my early grey set yesterday. I am very pleased with the fit and finish. The jute backing is added in the right places and the edges are all nicely sewn up where they should be. The grey color is very dark, and is probably correct since mine has faded over the years. I won't be installing it for a while, but the contoured areas look to be a perfect match for the early floor. I did loosely test fit the wheel arch carpet and it is a good fit.

Overall very pleased and glad I got in on the early offering. Thanks for making this happen @dnp
I really appreciate the report! The grey color is, in fact, much darker than what we all normally see, because the OEM carpet faded out pretty consistently over time. I, too, was surprised how much darker the under-console samples were when I sent them to have them color matched.

Thanks again to those who have ordered so far. I think there are only two or three where the shipments have not yet arrived.

Now, it looks like round two (late-floor FJ60 / FJ62 may be coming sooner than I thought. I've got everyone who has expressed interest on a list, so if you haven't yet notified me, please do so.

David

I'll second @abtx4x4. Got the carpet today and will likely install this week. Am very pleased so far. It is darker but appealingly so. Going to let it rest in the Texas sun today and get cracking tomorrow or this weekend. Excited about the wheel well carpet!

Tailgate pieces for comparison.
IMG_6107.JPG

Mid section
IMG_6111.JPG

Front
IMG_6113.JPG

I'm definitely interested in a grey set for a 62. Any idea if that will be produced and what the price would be?
Thanks for the note, and I've got you on the list for the later-floor carpet. As for when it might be available, I'm working with the mfr. right now on a plan that may speed things up dramatically. I hope to have an answer very soon. Stay tuned...........!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom