New 60 carpet for sale! January 2, 2023 UPDATE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Where do you buy this DNP carpet? I would like to purchase
Buy it direct from DNP. That’s where I got mine too. I went with black and had Doug use black on the bottom of my door panels.

Bought a cruiser and (because?) it came with one of @dnp ’s carpet kits. I started laying things out and am wondering if it’s the wrong kit.

I do not see this in other folks install pics - can anyone shed any light?

Specifically - the notch in the drivers side cargo area.

Thanks.

IMG_4454.jpeg

edit* - 1984 FJ60, built Nov/83 according to the tag.

Last edited:
Bought a cruiser and (because?) it came with one of @dnp ’s carpet kits. I started laying things out and am wondering if it’s the wrong kit.

Thanks.

View attachment 3501545

The little notched area is to accommodate for the bump in your center side panel. I believe it bulges for the Jack/tools.
You can kinda see it in my 60.
IMG_8805.jpeg

Only the later ('85+) trucks had that notch for the jack access. Earlier trucks had the jack and tools under the drivers' seat so the cargo panels were flat/straight on both sides.

Are the carpet kits different for early/later trucks? Is that an option when ordering?

Ok, then I have the wrong carpet. 🤦‍♂️

Also - for those who have asked before - here is some wire channel I found online. Anyone with other suggestions I would be glad to hear.

FJ60 Jack relocation took place in April of 1986.

Thanks.

View attachment 3501545

Just saw this post. I'm not sure whose truck you purchased, but that cargo area carpet is for the late-floor design, which @cruiserdan correctly noted, started with the '86 model trucks. That being said, if you have a complete set, you will also likely have the wrong front sections as well. The front seat riser design was changed in '86 from a tall to a low design. Therefore, the "pockets" in the front of the correct set for yours will be deeper that the late floor models. See early floor design (blue) vs late floor design (red) below.

85 floor pan 1.JPG

86-up floor pan 1.JPG

Just saw this post. I'm not sure whose truck you purchased, but that cargo area carpet is for the late-floor design, which @cruiserdan correctly noted, started with the '86 model trucks. That being said, if you have a complete set, you will also likely have the wrong front sections as well. The front seat riser design was changed in '86 from a tall to a low design. Therefore, the "pockets" in the front of the correct set for yours will be deeper that the late floor models. See early floor design (blue) vs late floor design (red) below.

View attachment 3501706
View attachment 3501707
This is what I thought. Ok - well, I have a brown late model set for sale! I will DM you for the right ones, thank you again.

View attachment 3501706
View attachment 3501707
Hello! Looking to get a brown carpet kit for my 1985 FJ60. Let me know how I can get this going.

Cheers, James

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom