new 60, a few little probs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, Picked up a new HJ60 at the weekend, quite tidy, interior is like new, chassis solid, and only minor rot in the body, gonna try and get that sorted asap, especially as I live near the coast.

Going to give it a mechanical going over at the weekend but a couple of things I noticed

1. Sounds like front brakes grinding (at slow speed), haven't had the wheels off yet, but jacked and spun the wheels while brakes applied slowly and no noise, pads look OK. Any ideas?

2. Could be wrong but thought I heard some sorta grinding (from front) when turning, (slowish), the power steering fluid is full, is it worth changing it?

rgds,

Les

lets see it!

gotta picture!
I wouldnt make any assumptions till you pull the wheel off and actually "LOOK" at it.
your power steering may have a bit of air in there as it is groaning. You can change it with fresh ATF and bleed it off..

Hi,

Finally got round to submitting sum pics, forum only let me put up 3 and here they are.

Got the PS sorted thanks, drained and re bled with new fluid. The brake grinding was a bit of rust on the rotor.

Turns out there's a bit more rust than I thought, lots of bits here and there. Have a good metal man lined up but - ouch £££. Weighing it up before I get it done. (I might have to sell that Mini to pay for it! :frown:)

all the best,

Les
IMG_2199.jpg
IMG_2201.jpg
IMG_2204.jpg

The steering wheel on the wrong side of the car is not a little problem....j/k. I like the grill guard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom