Builds A New 55 Owner Intro (cgn1976 thread) (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That is probably the lowest PSI reading I’ve ever heard of, but could just mean that it was built that way. Probably a compression ratio of about 7:1, or maybe less.
A valve job won’t increase compression, but milling the head will. At this point, that wouldn’t be something to be concerned about, especially since you say for the most part it runs good.

That is probably the lowest PSI reading I’ve ever heard of, but could just mean that it was built that way. Probably a compression ratio of about 7:1, or maybe less.
A valve job won’t increase compression, but milling the head will. At this point, that wouldn’t be something to be concerned about, especially since you say for the most part it runs good.
It's running better than ever, but my basis for comparison is pretty limited in that I've never driven anything else with a 1F motor and it was set up pretty poorly when I got it. I'll keep a close eye on it and won't be making any long runs anytime soon either way.

Thanks again to everyone. Learning lots, lots to learn!

It's running better than ever, but my basis for comparison is pretty limited in that I've never driven anything else with a 1F motor and it was set up pretty poorly when I got it. I'll keep a close eye on it and won't be making any long runs anytime soon either way.

Thanks again to everyone. Learning lots, lots to learn!
Abqcruiser Mark texted me earlier that he ran a compression test on his rig today, and got pretty much the same readings as we did on mine! Lol! Likely a bad gauge and more likely I'm better than those numbers, as his 3F surely is better than mid 90s! Now I want to run another test just to get a sense of what I'm really dealing with!

New clutch and seals in! Holy crap! It's a different truck! Like butter!

And of course the fuel, oil and temp gauge all don't work now. Didn't notice till half way home. Is this an easy thing they likely forgot to plug back in or did they jack something up?

New clutch and seals in! Holy crap! It's a different truck! Like butter!

And of course the fuel, oil and temp gauge all don't work now. Didn't notice till half way home. Is this an easy thing they likely forgot to plug back in or did they jack something up?
I missed this thread on mud, that front bumper, um, How do I say this?, looks like it came from the cartoon movie cars, belongs on that towtruck from movie-just sayn- but the rest of pig looks great-good luck

I would go with a bad comp. Gauge. Its great all your #s are close. 113 is nominal as per fsm. New motors should have 145 plus.
I've had trucks with low comp. They were dogs, no power. Keep enjoying it if its running well.
Mike

I missed this thread on mud, that front bumper, um, How do I say this?, looks like it came from the cartoon movie cars, belongs on that towtruck from movie-just sayn- but the rest of pig looks great-good luck
Hahah..you're not the first person to laugh at that thing! Ya got any bumpers laying around,.let me know! LOL.. Gotta learn to weld and then I'll address it. Probaly gonna powder coat it black first and see if it blends a little better

Heater/gauge fuse gonna fix that cluster being down? Checking in the am.

Could be! Always better to start with the simple things first.

That is not my approach, I would spend 6 months buying new wiring and gauges getting ready for a "Big Project". Then I would pull the cluster and see it disconnected, and then say "F-it" and leave all the stuff I bought on the workbench...

Bad fuse, new one blew right away. Followed the harness that ties to the blower. Clutch installer pinched the harness that I'm pretty sure is for the back up lights (per the wiring diagram and fuse description). Unplugged it (there's a plug right there) and gauges back and blower works...not sure if they gonna have to remove the whole thing or not the get it unpinched. Looks like it's the bracket for the shifter for the transfer case that's pinched it, but I gotta look closer. I'll post pics. Pretty sure I can clip the wires and bypass the pinch. Don't really need reverse lights, but annoying!!!

Yeah, take it back and have them take care of that. Shouldn’t be too much of a problem. May have to splice in a new section of wire.

Man, I don't know if I would give them another chance to fuq up my Pig.
Esp if they are just going to throw a bunch of butt crimps at it.
That's just how I roll, but I have issues...

These clowns installed the shifter boot/bag so that it's inverted and it's caught on the transfer case...which means to fix that I think they'll need drop the whole thing again. Gonna be a fun call tomorrow! Haha

I got a report from the installer that included some images, which I thought I'd post with the hopes that folks might be able to let me know if any of these are anything to be seriously concerned about. They all look to be pretty minor and nothing is dripping onto the driveway. Two are at drain plugs, so perhaps a new o ring on those would fix that, and I wonder if a little retorqueing of some bolts might adress some of the others.

leak 1.png

leak 5.png

leak e brake.png

transfer case leak 2.png

trasnfer case leak 3.png

I got a report from the installer that included some images, which I thought I'd post with the hopes that folks might be able to let me know if any of these are anything to be seriously concerned about. They all look to be pretty minor and it's not leaking. Two are at drain plugs, so perhaps a new o ring on those would fix that, and I wonder if a little retorqueing of some bolts might adress some of the others.

View attachment 2491568

View attachment 2491569

View attachment 2491570

View attachment 2491572

View attachment 2491573

trasnfer case leak.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom