Builds A New 55 Owner Intro (cgn1976 thread) (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cheers all! Been a minute since I've posted anything. Sign of a good running truck that's not been giving me much trouble this last year or so. Till this week. Question for everyone. The other day I just died while driving. Pretty quickly could tell it was a spark issue. I have a pertronix in a vac advance dizzy I got from Marks offroad (1st upgrade I did when I bought the truck a few years back). I figured it was that or the coil so I ordered new of both. Got what I though was the right pertonix unit based on what I read - "PerTronix 1662LS Ignitor® Toyota 6 cylinder Electronic Ignition Conversion Kit"

Turns out the plate didn't fit the dizzy. The rounded center part of the plate had the black unit too close to the shaft of the dizzy so it was rubbing on the magnet ring. I drilled the rivet outs on the new unit, detaching the electronics from the mounting plate, and mounted it to the plate of my old dead one, re-riveted it, installed and she fired back up! Installed the new coil too. Everything is back up and running fine.

My question though is what it is the actual model number of the pertronix unit that fits that Non USA Vac advance dizzy that mark sold me? Anyone know? I'd like to get a back up for the glove box once and for all. I've searched all the pertronix threads and can't find my answer. I suppose I need to just call Mark. Was gonna message him but his account wouldn't take messages. I recall he prefers a phone call...but maybe somebody knows the answer.

Thanks! Cody

Any way to verify what year the diz is?
Trying to think of what the possible differences could be from a US and non-US vacuum advance diz.(?) Mechanically should be close. Maybe some difference in how they wire or how/where points attach?
Detailed pics might help draw conclusions…🤔 💡

Trying to think of what the possible differences could be from a US and non-US vacuum advance diz.(?) Mechanically should be close. Maybe some difference in how they wire or how/where points attach?
Detailed pics might help draw conclusions…🤔 💡
I'll post some. I really should just call Mark. lol gonna try that later today

Detailed pics might help draw conclusions…🤔 💡i
It was new unit, still available, I believe. I dug through my old threads and can't find exactly what it is. Pics to follow

I forgot it has a part number on it :bang: 19100-61180 !!!

20230522_115621.jpg

Screenshot_20230522_115853_Gallery.jpg

20230522_120957.jpg

20230522_120948.jpg

Last edited:
Wonder if the “3F” under the PN# indicates that it’s for a 3F engine?
Wondered that. Spoke to Mark this afternoon and ordered the right pertronix direct from him. He didn't mention the part number, but knew what I had. I suppose it doesn't matter. Happy to order from him. Ill post pics of the two set ups when I get it. Planning to use the one from him and keep the modified one as the glove box back up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom