New 40 owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cbmontgo

SILVER Star
Threads
Bought this 100% original (even the paint!), 1976 rust free beauty in Arizona recently. Just broke 70,400 documented original miles. Took the top off for the first time in its life today and took the kids for a spin. These trucks are awesome!

Oh, and it has all records since new too!

I am in the process of going through the entire engine and tuning it up, rebuilding the carb, and replacing damn near everything that's weathered with new OEM stuff.

My plans are to keep it absolutely stock with the possible exception of a suspension lift and 33 x 9.50s.
DSC04030.jpg

Fantastic!
Welcome to MUD.......at least the 40 section

Fantastic!
Welcome to MUD.......at least the 40 section

The other ones don't count, unless they are for diesels, 70 series, 25s or 45s. Sorry team tea-and-crumpet. :popcorn:

That is one sweet, sweet 40. Those pictures make it look even better than the ones you posted of the process of acquiring it. I'd love to see it one of these days while I'm tooling around Denver. It'll be easy to spot me if I see you out driving it: I'll be the only faux-lux spinning around on the road to get a better look. ;)

Dan

Good find! Great lookin rig

nice original find for sure----congrats

is that SNOW:eek::eek::eek:.............it's in the 80's here:D:cool:

Nice find! Congratulations.

Really sweet rig there CB!

WOW! Would it be rude to ask how much you paid?

looks great. I'm gonna have to chime in with a vote against any pimpage with lift kits and/or 33s. they look so "right" stock...

Nice find. Rust free and original down to the paint...I'm jealous.

Rust free... That's like seeing the loc nest monster around these parts. The only bodies around here without rust have a pulse.

Good find.

Very nice...looks kinda funny with the top off and the snow on the ground...I don't blame you though I problably would have done the same thing.

Good stuff!!

Great looking Land Cruiser. Stock is the best. I really like the suspension set up as is. All the best!

I would like to keep it 100% stock as well, but the suspension gets so worn out and "sags" after 20 or 30 years, and I just don't like that at all. New bushings, springs, shocks, greasable shackles, and u-bolts just feel better to me. The side effect is the 2.5" lift, which makes these look a bit more proportionate without compromising the stock idea. I'm not going to put some 6" body lift on this 40; trust me.

I was convinced after putting an Old Man Emu on my FJ60 in 2007. It is a different truck now...and rides 10X better. Best thing I ever did.

Thanks for the kind comments guys. I'll keep posting up with plenty of questions I am sure!

looks awesome, calls for more pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom