New 40 owner - it's official... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I finally found, and purchased an FJ40 a week or so ago. Just purchased my silver star today, so I thought I'd post up and make it official.

Bought the 40 from a member of the board (thanks Jared). Here is a pic:

frontpass.JPG

This is bittersweet - I was in Atlanta when it was delivered (last Thursday), home for a day to look over it (took about 150 pictures), and back out to Florida until the 20th. I CAN'T WAIT TO GET HOME!!

I also have an FZJ80, which is a DD/weekend warrior. Too many battle wounds, so I will eventually stop driving the 80 on the trails, and use the 40 exclusively for offroading.

I've built a couple of heeps, an EB, and most recently a few International Scouts. Thought I'd become a Toyota only family - I've always loved the 40s, and I'm looking forward to driving it soon.

Specs:

'77 FJ40
4" lift (not sure what kind, but the springs have "CANADA" printed on the front eyes)
PS/PB
Linexed interior
2F/4sp - not sure which one
Pic shows Kelly tires, but I have some new 35" ProComp Xterrains that go on when I get home

I also have a question out of the gate...

Are factory service manuals available for the 40s? I need one. I don't want to mess around with Chilton/Haynes.

Thanks! Looking forward to 40 ownership!

Congrats!

The FSM's are available from Toyota (1-800-622-2033). I just ordered mine earlier this week. For '78 they only had the chassis, engine and emissions manuals. It was about $60 total for the chassis and engine manuals. I think BDS springs are canadian but I'm sure there are others as well.

Congradulations, those xterrians will look great on there. i purchased my fsm's from ebay. so yes they are still avaiable.

congrats, i think i'm gonna get some of those xterrains when my ssr's wear out.

Last edited:
welcome to the family, stay away from the xterrains. i run them and not to happy

Check with Cruiserdan, too, for the FSMs. He gave me a great deal.

CDan is Toyota. He told you to call the 800 number? When did you buy yours? Maybe things have changed.

Back in Feb or March I called that number, and they told me the Body and Chassis book was on back order for a few months. I then called Dan, who told me the same thing, but 3 days later my FSM showed up from Dan. With the generous MUD discount. He's worth a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom