New 40 owner, first question - Roof Rack? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

I just picked up my first FJ40. Ive wanted one ever since I was a kid and my great uncle had one. (I think he blew the motor, it sat and someone towed it away.) Ive always been a Toyota fan, personally having learned to drive in a Rav4, after which I got a 96 Tacoma (was always reading TTORA and those guys helped me a lot). My mother owned a Sequoia, Camry and a 4Runner. My sister drove a Corolla. My father had an older pick up and owns an older 4Runner himself from the last year of the solid front axle. I even interned with Toyota Motor Sales in 2007 in Torrance. I worked in Corporate Accessories doing QC Engineering.

Fast forward and I am in a position to buy a FJ40. Found one on Craigslist about an hour and a half north of me. Really nice 3rd owner who put a lot of love into this truck over two years but needed to upgrade another vehicle. Its a pretty solid 1970 with some rust. Running and driving, 3 on the tree. Not perfect, but its all there and I can enjoy it while I work on it.

To the question: Ive searched the forum for and haven't found anything on this rack. Also tried google images for every text combo I could think of. The guy who sold it to me said it was OE. Is that true? It is not very substantial and I would rather eventually get something Id trust with my Kayak. Is it worth anything?

I am sure I will have more. Thanks a lot!

That is what I figured, but wanted to confirm I wasn't getting rid of some valuable rare part restoration guys might be after. Thanks a lot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom