New 4.6L V8 & 6-speed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looks solid. Toyota has made great inroads on the luxury truck and the private owner market but if they want to get the corp clients to take them seriously they need to offer a reg cad 2wd long bed with both the 4.0 and the new 4.6.

GM and Ford sells a crap load to fleet clients as work trucks. Currently you can't get a long bed single cab which for power company's, contruction companies, and a myriad of others Toyota is not an option.

If they ever get a 3/4 diesel we'd really be cooking but a single cab long bed is something they can offer now and I don't understand why they don't.

Last edited:
I didn't see where they were manufactured. Did you?

Reason I ask is that I'd like to know if this is only a North/Central American design.

IIRC they (TRD) discontinued the superchargers in the Tundra as because of piston issues from the NA designed/manufactured engine. The 4Runner suffered because they were no longer very easy to find. :frown:

:hmm:

I assume the Tundra engine & tranny will be built in the US, and the 4Runner versions will be built in Japan, as I believe is the case with current & previous models (4.7/5-speed). 4R guys are excited assuming this combo will find it's way into the next gen 4Runner...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom