New 315's - Dick Cepek Mud Country (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Been wondering why I wasted my money on those puny 285's after 4" of lift for a while. So I found a smokin deal on some Dick Cepek 315/75/16's and got em. I paid 1090 mounted, balanced, siped for 4 of them at performance wheel and tire in Denver. Got a very fair price for my old 285's too.

Review:
These are the quietest mud tires I have ever ridden on they. In my 97 they are about as loud as the Grabber AT2's we have on our 06' Titan Crew cab. Pretty amazing. I had them siped against the recomendation of the tire guys because we live outside of vail and use the Cruiser as a weekend skiing truck as well as a summer off roader. They did well on the short trip I took on some local muddy clay trails. This stuff can be as slick as ice, but I had no problems climbing some steep slick trails. NO traction issues on wet rock either. When you are buying 1300 dollar tires, I think they all work. They look great, super aggressive. I don't know why more folks arent running these. They look like they will perform much better than KM2's.

To those contemplating 315 vs 285. If you have a lift get 315's. I have 4" and couldn't get these to rub. You will think your 285's look like little sissy tires if you have any lift. The power loss was really not noticable. I ran up Vail Pass (almost 11,000 feet above sea level) at 65mph in 3rd no problem. I do plan to re gear, but not because of the power. I think the low crawl ratio in cruisers is way to high and I don't get enough engine braking on our steep Colorado trails, or low enough crawl up them.

Some pics:

DSC02968.jpg

DSC02964.jpg

DSC02965.jpg

DSC02967.jpg
http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac202/kmcoop7/Dick Cepek Mud Country/DSC02967.jpg

DSC02966.jpg

Lookin good, I plan to go with 35s once I get the FOR lift installed.

I've been considering these very tires. Will be interested in some reviews after some miles are put on them. They look pretty agressive, and should handle the wet conditions we get here quite well.

TrXus rip offs.

truxs

Funny, I don't think they look anything like Truxus tires? Pretty sure they are molded by Mickey Thopmson? And they'll likely last 2x as long as that soft Truxus compound. I speak all of this in ignorance, because I have never owned Trusus tires. Just heard they aren't high milers.

Funny, I don't think they look anything like Truxus tires? Pretty sure they are molded by Mickey Thopmson? And they'll likely last 2x as long as that soft Truxus compound. I speak all of this in ignorance, because I have never owned Trusus tires. Just heard they aren't high milers.
Maybe your right. At first glance I thought it did. But side by side look different.
I got 40k out of my last set. Not bad.

TrXus rip offs.

Why, because they are round and black? :whoops:,,, Trxus usually aren't round.:hillbilly:

They are made by Cooper Tire, related to or a rip off (depending on your viewpoint) the STT.

Why, because they are round and black? :whoops:,,, Trxus usually aren't round.:hillbilly:

They are made by Cooper Tire, related to or a rip off (depending on your viewpoint) the STT.

x2 yep. I like my rip off STT's ;)

tread design

Pretty sure the tread designs only looks like other DC tires. Just because they have others mold them doesn't mean they are a rip off. Just utilizing manufacturing capabilities. Sounds like good business to me?

Pretty sure the tread designs only looks like other DC tires. Just because they have others mold them doesn't mean they are a rip off. Just utilizing manufacturing capabilities. Sounds like good business to me?

Mickey Thompson and Dick Cepek are names owned by Cooper Tire.

I love the siping on the mud country. It seems to have more siping than STT.

The power loss was really not noticable. I ran up Vail Pass (almost 11,000 feet above sea level) at 65mph in 3rd no problem.

WOW!!!

we should meet to go wheeling some time next weekend!

looks sweet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom